Friday, May 25, 2018

Thursday, May 24, 2018


3 more weeks.

I only got up twice during the night but was awakened at 8am to Teresa saying “call the police”.   Sounds like I’m not going to get any more sleep.  As I got up I heard the buzzer for the apartment.  I asked, “Is this Andres again?”  Teresa said “yes”.

When I was coming out of my shower I could first hear her talking to him on the outside stairs and then inside the apartment.

After I got dressed I learned that someone stole his clothes and something about he’s selling candy.  (Life in the big city can be hard.)

I called Jose Cruz to let him know what’s going on.

We gave Andres 10,000 pesos and he left.  I understand he’s looking for a job here for awhile before he returns to San Andres.
Teresa and I left the apt about 10:15 and quickly caught a taxi outside.  Teresa told the driver Laureles as he drove down the street and I handed him the card with Jose’s address on it.  He stopped and said he doesn’t know where this place is so we got out and right away got into another taxi.  Driving up Avenida Las Vegas traffic got very heavy and the driver finally made a right turn and I could see that there was no one driving on the upcoming bridge so there was probably an accident in front of it.

On the way we observed a street entertainer balancing on a rope with a ball on his head and juggling 3 bowling pins.  I gave him 1,000 pesos.

We arrived at Jose and Marie’s house about 11am for a 19,000 peso taxi ride.

Jose and I played 2 games over the next few hours and he won both of them.   Grrrr!  In the middle of that time Maria served us a nice lunch including a great carrot cake for dessert that almost reminded me of a Christmas fruit cake.

Jose showed me his ChessX software he uses to save his games and to practice with.  It gave me some ideas for my own Shredder software.

We left about 4:30 and arrived back at the apt for another 19,000 pesos.

Teresa and I again had a short discussion about moving.  I understand an additional reason now is to get away from Andres.

I put my memory stick in the computer and got a “USB Device not recognized” message.  I tried it again twice more before I got it to work.

Teresa informed me that she’s going to the finca to show it to another prospective renter.

I think that will give Laura and I a chance to have pizza at Papa Johns – we haven’t been there since March.

Uh-oh, I had Teresa cook a couple burgers for me only to find out that we are out of buns so we had to use to slices of bread.

Wow, no rain today!

T-shirt of the day: Better luck next time.  In memory of when I used to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment