Monday, May 21, 2018

Sunday, May 20, 2018


I got up twice during the night, finally waking at 5am and couldn’t get back to sleep.  Just before 6am someone buzzed us from downstairs.  Andres?  No doubt.  He came back and continued at 6:30 and this time I was sure Teresa was awake.  He even called out something but it didn’t sound like Teresa’s name.  She got up and asked me for 50mil to give to him to go away.  I did, and she buzzed him in and had words with him just outside our door.  By this time I was up and dressed in my casual clothes.  He left, without the cash, and I believe Teresa called the police on him.  He was soon seen walking down the hill in the direction of the metro.  I hope that’s the last we see of him.

Teresa left the apt with Laura to meet Enrico and his wife to see the finca.  I went to Exito and first had a café con leche at Juan Valdez.  After killing 30 minutes or so I picked up bananas, bread, cheddar cheese and nacho chips.  Exito has reorganized a lot of their aisles in the food department so it took me a little longer than usual.  The net result is they appear to have increased the produce area.

I returned to the apt and started repackaging the cheddar cheese into 2-packs.  I was almost finished when Teresa called me and invited me to join her for lunch at Deli Hoy.  I said I’ll be there in about 10 minutes.  I finished repackaging the cheese and headed down to the restaurant.  Teresa was there without Laura and we had their buffet for 15mil each.  I first got a bowl of soup and the server brought me the other food – chicken leg, slice of pork and cooked vegetables but I told her I wanted to finish my soup first so she took it away.  After my soup and a small potato salad they gave me she brought back the rest of my meal.  Teresa told me the couple – he’s German and she’s Colombian - are interested in the finca and will let Teresa know if they are going to rent it.

I spent most of the afternoon studying how my Shredder software works.  I finally figured out the proper procedure to save the games I’ve played with Jose but I still haven’t figured out the best way to computer analyze them.

I watched season 2 episode 5 of Westworld on Direct TV.

I understand next Sunday will be Colombia’s election – perhaps just a primary – so all the bars will be closed.

There was another mass school shooting in the US on Friday.  If they treated these shootings as they do airplane crashes, every time one happened, something would change to try to prevent the next one.  Colombia – where they don’t shoot their kids!

T-shirt of the day: There is no option B.

No comments:

Post a Comment