Sunday, May 6, 2018

Saturday, May 5, 2018


Also known as Cinco de Mayo.

I only got up once during the night but woke up at 4am and couldn’t get back to sleep finally getting up at 6am.

After breakfast Teresa went for her 9:15 doctor’s appointment and I took a nap.

When Teresa returned she informed me she also has high cholesterol and will be taking the same medicine as I (but double the strength) and has a June appointment with the same nutritionist.

Chuck and Darnely arrived at 1pm.  Teresa finished up the sauce while I made garlic bread using pan de maiz.  I cut the slices about an inch thick, put a little butter on and then put the garlic spread on top of that.  About 10 minutes in the oven and they were slightly crispy.

We had a nice lunch of spaghetti ala Juanita (with meat sauce) and garlic bread.

Teresa and Darnely chatted at the kitchen table while Chuck and I chatted in the living room.  Chuck gave me 20mil to buy Condoritos on Fridays as they return to the States on May 13th.  He also gave me an extra set of house keys for safe keeping.

He asked me what he could bring for me when they return and I said more root beer and 1 bag of salted-in-the-shell peanuts, please.  When they return it should definitely be football season.

Teresa begged me to go to the pharmacy to get her cholesterol medication so she could start taking it tonight.  I left the apt about 6pm and bought it for 20,500 pesos at Todo Drogas.  I noticed they are open on Saturday until 7:30 and they are even open on Sunday.

Back at the apt Teresa suggested picking up ribs from Mu but when it took a while for Laura to respond at MT’s apt she changed plans and we went to Bocados Bar for dinner.  It was only 73mil for grilled chicken breast for the 4 of us.

T-shirt of the day: Your best teacher is your last mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment