Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Tuesday, May 22, 2018


I only got up once during the night finally waking at 5:45 and getting up at 6:15.

I finished entering my chess games with Jose into my database but I counted 7 games where he’s playing the White pieces but 12 for me so obviously I missed something as it should be more even.  I counted 21 games recorded in my little game book so that just confirms it.  Time to do an audit!  According to my scorebook I have played 11 games with White and Jose has played 10 with White.

I watched the first 15 minutes of the Today show and then left the apt.

I had to wait about 15 minutes downtown to catch a bus and traffic was the worst I’ve seen – just crawling all the way.  At Envios Market I picked up another envelope from MetLife about my Sears retirement annuity.  I waited 5 minutes for another bus to take me to Starbucks – again crawling through the Gold Mile.  At Starbucks I had my usual white mocha latte.  I sat outside and read some of my Reader’s Digest.  I walked across the street and waited about 10 minutes for a Sabaneta bus to pick me up.  It was standing room only but I soon got lucky and got a nearby seat.

Crossing the street opposite La Casita Parilla I could see that they now have a hood above the cooking area that vents the smoke out to the roof.

Back at the apt I installed the HV-H2237U software that came with my headphones which allowed me to increase the speaker and microphone settings.  That should help my minor hearing loss.

At 2:15 it started raining but it only lasted about 30 minutes.

I left the apt at 3:30, made my last stop for the month at the ATM (no more cash in my checking account), paid the Une (wifi) bill of 85mil, and stopped for a cafĂ© con leche at Bartolos.  I couldn’t get a wifi signal so I paid for my coffee and went down the street.  There weren’t any tables available at the bakery so I sat across from city hall for a while and checked out my cellphone now that I had wifi.  At 4:45 it started raining so I returned to the apt.  It didn’t stop until 8pm.

Instead of using prepackaged burgers again Teresa made one up with the ground beef we bought last weekend.  I asked her to make it thicker next time and she replied that if she did that the inside wouldn’t cook thoroughly.  She suggested cooking 2 patties next time for one burger.  Sounds reasonbable.

It started raining again in the evening.

It took me until 10pm but I think now I’ve got all of my games against Jose Cruz entered into my database.  And it matches my little book – 11 games with White for me and 10 with White for Jose.  Now if I could just figure out how to sort my database list chronologically.

It was still raining lightly when we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment