Saturday, May 12, 2018

Friday, May 11, 2018


I got up twice during the night, then woke up at 6:40 and got up at 7:40. 

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a document waiting for pickup.

At the gym I did some of my exercises in an hour and 20 minutes.  I left early because I received a Whatsapp message from Alex that they were leaving 61Prado to meet me in the park.  I stopped at Comfama on my way home and picked up a Gente newspaper.  After my shower and dressed I was back in Parque Envigado just before noon.  Chuck soon arrived. 

A few minutes later Alex arrived with Alba.  She’s probably late 40 something and rather cute with the typical long dark hair.  We had a nice lunch at Bartolos – chicken for me and fish for the others.  It started raining about 12:30 and continued for about an hour.  We all walked over to the bakery where we had coffee and pastries.   Afterward we all went to Chuck’s apartment so they could see it.  Alex hopes to come back in July with Alba and Darwin and get an apartment in Envigado.  We all walked to the bus stop so Alex and Alba could take a bus to Poblado.

I stopped at Bancolombia to pay the finca city tax bill of 130mil.  It was 3:30, I had number S517 and they were serving S480 so I figured it would take a while.  Sitting there I regretted not bringing my Reader’s Digest instead of my Nook because you’re not supposed to use any mobile devices in the bank.  After a few minutes I got up and walked outside and sat on the steps and read a few chapters from my Nook book.  Just before 4pm I went inside and in a couple minutes my number was called.  I paid the bill, got my stamped receipt and left.

When I got back to the apt Teresa was taking a nap.  When she got up she informed me that she didn’t make it to the finca today because of an accident on the highway.  She said she’ll leave early tomorrow so as to be able to return early.

She gave me a small package that arrived that contained 5 free boxes of Isoklon sleeping pills.  I think this was for the 8 boxes with receipts that Laura contacted them about which means the 2 I just bought this month were not included.  So the 5 boxes I just received plus the 2 boxes I bought this month plus the few tablets I have remaining should last me almost 6 months.

MT came over about 6pm because she was bored alone in her apartment.

I received an email from Alex that someone stole his cell phone by Prado station.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

About 7pm Teresa called La Casita Parilla and ordered 3 chicken shish kebabs.  MT ate a little of one of them and left the rest for Laura.

Btw, I made a 50mil bet with Chuck.  He says that after the midterm elections the Republican Party will keep their majority in both the House and the Senate.

I watched Season 1 Episode 3 of The Rain (6.1) on Netflix.

I just remembered.  Teresa talked to someone and apparently the new mall – Viva Envigado – should be open by August.  It’s supposed to be the largest mall in Colombia.

T-shirt of the day: The sass is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment