Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Tuesday, May 29, 2018


I woke up twice during the night finally waking/getting up at 7:30am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show, changed into jeans and t-shirt and headed out the door.  There is now a sign announcing that they are building a school in the back area of the park – Escuela Superior Deborah Arango.

In the little park across from the library I can see they are first building a concrete tiled sidwalk around the perimeter.

I walked down to Herman’s orange juice stand.  He was there and I got his cellphone number – (305) 366-5588.  Supposedly he knows someone who might be interested in renting the finca.

After my glass of OJ for 2,000 pesos I walked over to Exito.  I first had a small cafĂ© con leche in Juan Valdez for 4,000 pesos.  At the bottom of the receipt they have the wifi password of the day.  I read some news on my cellphone for about 45 minutes.  I looked for Planters crunchy peanut butter but they didn’t have it.  I picked up a package of lettuce and loaf of bread.  I was back at the apt by 11:30.

I received an email from the gringo, John Joseph, who has a 9:30am appointment in Caldas tomorrow so he might meet up with Teresa to see the finca.

At 3pm it started raining but only lasted about 20 minutes.  Then about 5 minutes later it started up again only heavier and didn’t stop until 4:30.  Teresa and I took a nap from 3:30 to 4:30.

In the evening Teresa was going to visit her mother but then it started raining, even though it was lightly.

I put John Joseph’s cell phone number in Teresa’s cellphone and she tried calling him a couple times but she said he didn’t answer.   He said “hola” on Teresa’s Whatsapp number but she doesn’t know how to type or use Whatsapp.  She starts asking me questions: “How old is he?”  “Is he single?”  “Does he have a fiador?”  I told her to ask him because I don’t have any more information.  She told me she thinks the finca is too dangerous for a gringo to live there.  I give up trying to help her rent the finca – it’s all on her now.

T-shirt of the day: In case problem press Ctrl 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment