Saturday, May 5, 2018

Friday, May 4, 2018


I slept well only getting up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

It looks like it rained most of the night and now we have the Metro buses going down the hill with their squealing brakes.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I was fortunate to pick up a Gente newspaper at the Gana store near the park.  Early each month I recycle my old water bottle and buy a new one from their machine for 2mil.  But today they didn’t have any water, only lemonade and it was 1mil more than I had with me.  Andres came over and told me that they have a new machine that gives free drinks for the next 7 days but as we were approaching other ladies informed us that it wasn’t working so I used the water fountain.  I completed my exercises at the gym in 2 hours. 

Among new US movie releases Overboard looks interesting, although I know it’s a remake and it only earned an IMDB rating of 3.5.  At least it isn’t another stupid (my opinion) Marvel superhero movie.

Bad Samaritan sounds interesting but it only got a rating of 6.0.
Locally, A Quiet Place is playing at 6:15 in El Tesoro.  I wouldn’t mind seeing it again if Laura is interested.  Avengers: Infinity Wars has taken over most of the showtimes here.

Teresa and I took an after lunch nap from 2:30 to 3:30.  I left the apt at 4:30 and had a couple things printed at the copy center.  I stopped at the bakery for a cafĂ© con leche for 1,800 pesos.

Back at the apt I started going through one of my new chess books.

Laura left the apt at 7pm and picked up pizza for us at Antica Pizza.  Afterward she left to visit with friends.

T-shirt of the day: Still living with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment