Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Monday, May 28, 2018


Happy Memorial Day to everyone back in the States!

I woke up at 5:45 to some bird that sounded something like an owl and kept hooting until 6:15.  I finally fell back asleep and woke/got up at 7:30.  I took my shower and was sitting at the dining room table when at 7:45 we heard the buzzer.  We looked outside and saw Andres with 2 policemen.  Did he spend the night in jail?  Teresa invited them up and then pushed me into the bedroom so they wouldn’t see the gringo.  I heard them talking in the living room and finally about 8:15 I heard them on the stairs and finally outside.  I figured they were leaving and I opened the door but immediately saw their green police helmets on the living room table.  I stepped back into the bedroom and closed the door.  Finally at 8:45 they all left and Teresa came to get me.  Teresa told me that Andres won’t be coming back.  I can only hope!

After breakfast I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I did all of my exercises in an hour and 55 minutes.  My hamstrings are feeling better although I have backed off on the number of reps.

I decided, at Jose’s recommendation, to see I Feel Pretty (4.6) aka Sexy por Accidente playing at 3:30 at Vizcaya.  I left the apt at 2:20, waited 5 minutes downtown for a bus, got off by Parque Poblado, and took another bus up the hill to the mall.  I was there by 3:10, added 50mil to my Cine Colombia account, bought a ticket for 6mil, waited 10 minutes, bought a small popcorn and small soda for 12,600 leaving me a CC balance of 36,050.

There were only 5 other people in the theater.  I see from the trailers that we have some good movies coming up including Ocean’s 8 and a remake of Overboard (5.5).

I thought the movie was a little ridiculous.  For example, more than once Renee says “you don’t know/recognize me, but…” and she’s wearing a necklace that says “Renee”.

I walked down Calle 10 and caught a Sabaneta bus after a 5-minute wait.  It was standing room only until we got about half way through the Gold Mile when someone got up and I got their seat.
I got off at the detour 2 blocks from our apt.  I stopped at the corner store and bought a couple bags of milk.

I spent part of the evening practicing some of the options playing against the computer in Shredder 10.

I kept seeing ads for something called Rappi.  I googled it and apparently it’s a Colombian start-up delivery system – they specifically mention groceries and food.  I downloaded it only to find out that Envigado is not within their delivery area.  So much for my idea of having ribs delivered from Mu.

T-shirt of the day: I live for Girl Scout cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment