Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Tuesday, May 8, 2018


I got up once during the night, woke up at 6am (it was raining outside) and got up at 7am.  There’s still a steady rain.

I left the apt at 8:45 with my small umbrella and a light jacket.  I stopped at the new hotel – Arame Hotel – and picked up a business card and inquired as to how much it costs for 2 people for 1 night and was told 200,000 pesos (about $72).  Alexa and Alba might stay there while they are visiting Envigado later this month and same for my new friend Will who will visit in July.

Arame Hotel; Calle 38 Sur #46-76; Envigado.  (574) 4806250; Cel: 318 585 4493; Reservas@hotelarame.com; www.HotelArame.com.

I arrived at the chess league office just before 10am.  Jose and I played one game with our usual time limit – 45 minutes with 20 seconds added for every move.  I lost on time but we kept playing the endgame and he blundered and resigned.

We had lunch again at El Chaparral.  I had my usual pepper steak with rice, baked potato, salad and slice of avocado.  It also included a fresh mango juice for 36mil plus 10% for tip (about $14).

Jose told me he scored 4 ½ points out of 7 in his last tournament – very good.  He said he would have gotten a senior prize but their definition of senior is only 55 years old which qualified a lot of others.

Back at the chess center we played another game – this time by more common tournament time limits – 60 minutes plus 30 seconds per move.  I had the White pieces and I put lots of pressure on his king but I eventually blundered away my Queen.  Sigh!

We’ll probably meet again next Tuesday.

On the way back to Envigado I saw that they have a sign installed on the new mall – Viva; it’s kind of set back so it’s hard to see straight on.

At Envigado station Teresa called me and told me she forgot her keys so she’s waiting outside the apt.  I guess she got back in as she was inside when I arrived 25 minutes later.

I watched Season 1 Episode 1 of The Rain (6.1) on Netflix.

I finished reading David Baldacci’s paperback The Winner.

T-shirt of the day: It’s summer.  I’m single.  You need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment