Saturday, May 26, 2018

Friday, May 25, 2018


Last night I got up twice during the night, waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

Teresa told me that if she’s not in the apt when I get back from the gym that she’ll be at the finca showing it to another prospective renter.  I told her that I’m going to Papa Johns for pizza - with Laura if she’s interested.

At the gym I did all of my exercises in an hour and 55 minutes.  I still don’t have confidence that my hamstrings are okay so I’m still taking it easy with them.  I didn’t see my friend Jose so I texted him and he told me he needs to work today.  I told him he needs to decide which is more important work or gym.  Lol.  I asked him about seeing Solo and he said he saw it at Majorca at 3pm in 3D and that I have to see it.  I traded a few Whatsapp messages with someone named John that might also be interested in renting the finca.

I stopped at Confama on my way back to the apt and picked up a Gente newspaper.

Teresa was still at the apt and she notified me that I forgot to pay the Direct TV bill.  I told her that’s because I had gotten a bill each of the last few months to remind me.

Teresa soon left.

When I came out of the shower Laura said Teresa called and she’s having lunch down at Deli Hoy and she wants Laura to bring her cellphone that she forgot.  I asked Laura if she was going to join me at Papa Johns for pizza.  She was very reluctant because she’s afraid it will make her fat.  (She doesn’t have an observable ounce of fat on her.)  She couldn’t decide so I told her that I’m leaving for Papa Johns at 1pm, if she’s with me fine, if not then I’m going alone.  Laura finally decided she would order something else at Papa Johns or go next door to another restaurant for something else.  First of all, there is no other restaurant nearby and I looked online and the only other things besides pizza were cinnamon rolls and cheese sticks.  Real healthy!

When Laura returned from delivering the cellphone we walked to Exito and took a taxi to Papa Johns for the exact minimum fare of 5,400 pesos.

When Laura saw the alternatives she changed her mind and we split a medium pizza for 39,500 pesos.  Laura, who is so afraid of getting fat, ordered hers with chicken and bacon.  What?

Afterwards I gave her bus fare back to the apt and I walked, stopping at a health food store for a loaf of multi cereal bread for 7,900 pesos.

I dropped the bread off at the apt and walked to $efecty where I paid the 200,700 Direct TV bill.  I bought a Condorito for Chuck, had something printed at the copy center and stopped at Bartolos for a coconut lemonade.  Today is a warmer day – probably in the lower 80s.  The waiter explained that the mixer wasn’t working so I had a cold fresh juice instead.  I walked over by city hall where I trimmed my finger nails and then returned to the apt.

Teresa came back at 7pm and wanted to go to Bocados Bar for dinner but I had work to do on my laptop so I convinced her to go to La Casita Parilla Instead.  (Laura left with us but she went to Colombia Immersion school to practice speaking English with gringos.)  Teresa had solomito (steak) and I had their ribs for a total of 30mil.  I tasted Teresa’s steak and found it to be pretty good.  Each of our plates also included a small salad, baked potato and arepa with a slice of mozarella cheese on top.  We also each had a soda.

Recent headline “Indiana middle schooler returns to class with 2 guns, shoots peer, teacher”.  For those of you who aren’t keeping count this is the 21st for 2018.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see Solo: A Star Wars Story (7.0) and In Darkness (6.0).

Locally, Solo is playing at 3pm and 6pm at Vizcaya in 3D.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump misrepresented what he’s doing for members of the armed forces when he spoke Friday to graduates of the United States Naval Academy.
TRUMP: “Going to have new equipment and well-deserved pay raises. We just got you a big pay raise. First time in 10 years. We got you a big pay increase. First time in over 10 years. I fought for you. That was the hardest one to get, but you never had a chance of losing.”
THE FACTS: That’s not right. U.S. military members have gotten a pay raise every year for the past 10 years and several have been larger than this year’s 2.6 percent increase. Pay increases in 2008, 2009 and 2010, for example, were all 3.4 percent or more.
___
TRUMP: “We have now the lowest number of ships that we’ve had since World War I, and very soon you’re going to get to 355 beautiful ships. 355. That’s almost a couple of hundred more ships.”
THE FACTS: No it isn’t. The Navy now has 283 ships.
And a 355-vessel battle fleet is not going to be achieved “very soon.” The Navy plans to reach 355 in the 2050s while saying that could happen in the 2030s if it gets more money and extends the normal life of ships in the fleet.
Talk about rising to your level of incompetence!  Or the president is just a chronic liar.

Teresa proclaimed that the rainy season – spring, fall, winter whatever they call it here – is over.

T-shirt of the day: I’m the queen of my dog’s heart.

1 comment: