Friday, May 18, 2018

Thursday, May 17, 2018


It took me maybe 30 minutes to fall asleep last night; probably because of the medium soda I drank at the theater.  In the future I’ll try to remember to drink a small soda in the evening to reduce my Caffeine consumption a little.  As usual I got up several times during the night, waking up finally at 5am and getting up at 6am.

Since I got up early I left early - 8:30am - for my chess match with Jose.  I quickly caught a bus and called him to let him know I would be there early.  We arrived just about the same time just before 9:30.

I had the black pieces to start and I played my new opening and it was close but he blundered in the ending and I won the first game.

We went to Tropical again for a nice lunch of the day for 10,000 pesos each.  He told me that the next chess tournament they have posted is for the August flower festival.  There is supposed to be another at the end of June but there isn’t any details available for it as yet.

Back at the chess league I had white and I thought I was going to be able to attack his king but I blundered a pawn which gave him an attack and he won the second game.

I bought a kilo of strawberries outside Envigado station on my way back.  I was going to stop for a coconut lemonade at Bartolos but there weren’t any outside tables available.

I received some responses to my finca ad on Facebook but they had additional questions.

I asked Teresa how much land the finca is on and she wrote down 6,400,000 metros quadrados or 6 million 4 hundred thousand square meters.  I converted it acres on my laptop and that came to 1,581 acres.  I went back to her and asked her again and she said 6 thousand 400 square meters so I scratched out three of the zeroes she had written and showed it to her.  I know now that I can’t trust her when it comes to math.  Btw, 6,400 sq meters comes to 1.58 acres – but a lot of it is vertical.

I watched Season 1 Episode 6 of The Rain (6.1) on Netflix.

I finished reading James Patterson’s Kiss the Girls: Alex Cross #2 on my Nook.

T-shirt of the day: The best memories are in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment