Sunday, May 13, 2018

Saturday, May 12, 2018


I think I got up about 4 times during the night, waking at 6am and getting up at 6:45.

I received an email from Alex; a thief stole his cell phone out of his pocket when they were on the metro.  He also can’t find his watch and Alba can’t find hers.  Problems, problems, problems.  Anyway, they’ve decided to skip San Andres and spend a few days in Cartagena instead.



I left the apt at 9:30am and took a bus to Envios Market.  (I understood Teresa would be leaving for the finca shortly.) They gave me my May Chess Life magazine.  I talked to Nobraskja briefly and learned that the young girl I saw her with was Victoria’s daughter not hers.  I walked over to Cedimed on Calle 7 where I successfully withdrew all small bills from their ATM.  I walked to Starbucks where I had a white mocca latte and started reading my Chess Life magazine.  I called Laura and asked her if she wanted to meet me at Papa Johns for pizza for lunch.  (We haven’t been there since March.)  She gave me the same song and dance that Teresa gives me – too much fat.  She said she wasn’t in any hurry for lunch anyway but she did tell me that Teresa asked me to pick up lettuce Crespa and tomatoes at Exito.  I hung around Starbucks a bit longer than usual then walked up to Oviedo and finally caught a bus back to Envigado.

There were long lines in Exito but I got in the shortest and it took me 15 minutes to check out.  When I left there were a few raindrops coming down.

Back at the apt Laura asked me where we are going for lunch.  I suggested La Casita Parilla but surprisingly she suggested we order pizza from Chicagos.  (What, Chicagos’ pizza has less fat than Papa Johns?)  I agreed and she called them and they delivered it for 25mil about 40 minutes later.

I was watching a program on TV when it occurred to me that Teresa wanted me to get a haircut today.  I changed clothes and walked to the end of the street where I got a 30 minute haircut for 15mil.  I walked over to Bartolos on the chance that Chuck might be there.  I found Darnely having dinner and she told me Chuck was here earlier but went back to the apt.  I wished her a pleasant trip back to the States.  I walked over to the flower shop and was fortunate that, even though there was a short line, a woman was putting roses into a bucket of water.  I asked her how much and she said 2mil per rose.  I asked for 10, she put a bunch together in paper, and I gave her 20mil and I left.

Laura was leaving and I asked if she was going to Mu for dinner with us tonight.  She said that MT isn’t going to be with Vicky on Sunday so we are all going to Tagliata restaurant together.  Laura said she’s meeting friends outside Exito and then they’re going to decide where to go from there.

Teresa came back about 6pm and was thrilled to get the flowers.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,837 to the US Dollar.

I ordered 2 more bottles of Mega Men Prostate and Virility from GNC.  That should be sufficient for the remainder of the year.
I solved a few more puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Captain.

Laura still hadn’t returned when I went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Just be my boy toy.

2 comments:

  1. Terry,

    Has your doctor ever suggested pumpkin seeds for your prostate concerns?

    In middle-eastern European countries where peasants used to save all kinds of things like pumpkin seeds so as to not waste something that they could add to their diets, it was found that there was almost no incidence of prostate problems there.

    There's a lot of reportage on the internet about this, too, if you check.

    In spanish, pumpkin seeds are called 'pepitas' and I remember that they were available in Costa Rica. Hulled ones make a nice snack. I'll bet they are available in Colombia, too, if you know where to look for them.

    OK — HTH

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx. As always you are very informative.

    ReplyDelete