Monday, May 14, 2018

Sunday, May 13, 2018


Happy Mothers’ Day!

About 4am I was awakened by a burning sensation on the side of my left forearm.  It only lasted for a second but it felt like acid moving through a vein.  I wonder if it’s a nerve problem connected with the occasional arthritis I feel in my left thumb.  Luckily, I don’t experience it too often.

I woke up at 6am, gave up getting back asleep and got up at 7am.

Laura left the apt and came back with flowers for her mother and grandmother.

At 12:45 it started raining.

By 1:30 we were all dressed to leave for our 2pm reservation.  At 1:45 Laura was still trying to get us a taxi or Uber car using the apps on my cellphone.  Teresa and I walked outside and we soon hailed a taxi.  We had the driver stop and pick up MT at her apartment.  We arrived at Tagliata Carne & Pasta (Carrera 43D #13-23) at 2:15.  It’s 2 blocks west of Parque Pablado and 5 blocks north.  The restaurant was full but our table was waiting for us and Wilson and Laura arrived about 15 minutes later.  Wilson ordered salmon, MT ordered some type of chicken, Teresa ordered chicken breast, Laura ordered pasta and I ordered the beef medallion & pasta combination that also included a small plate of cooked vegetables.  Everyone enjoyed their food and mine was delicious.  One of the best meals I’ve had in Medellin.  I might even be inspired to write a Trip Advisor review.

The total bill came to 225,500 (about $80) which I put on my debit card and Wilson gave me 80mil in cash.  When we were leaving (4:30) there were mostly empty tables.  That time would probably be the height of business in the US.  The cashier called Uber cars for us (ours was a pickup truck) and we were back at the apt by 5pm.

T-shirt of the day: Freedom is a free mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment