Sunday, May 20, 2018

Friday, May 18, 2018


I heard the rain sometime during the night.  I only got up once finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Well, the plan for today is first gym, second lunch, and then a trip to Mayorista for groceries.

I understand Teresa is going to show the finca on Sunday to someone that contacted me on Facebook.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I asked Jose when he would like his chess lesson and he said he’s a busy man but maybe Sunday.  I told him I would let him know if I’m available.  I completed all my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.

We walked down to Deli Hoy where we had their menu of the day.
After lunch Teresa informed me that it looks like rain so she wants to go to Mayorista tomorrow.  It soon started raining but it only lasted for an hour.  We took a nap from 2:15 to 3:15.  At 3:30 I remembered that I needed to buy a Q’Hubo newspaper so Chuck will have his Condorito.  I have to get in the habit again.  Luckily the newspaper stand was still open and after buying it I stopped at Bartolos for awhile where I had a coconut lemonade.

When I got back to the apt I found that we had lost our wifi connection.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, I would like to see 7 Days in Entebbe (5.8) playing at 6:20 in Oviedo.

I asked Teresa where she wanted to go for dinner and at 8pm we left for Antica pizza.  We met MT down the hill and quickly caught a taxi.  It was misting a little but we had 2 umbrellas with us.  The restaurant was still crowded but after about a 10 minute wait we had a table – actually 4 stools at one of their counters.

Five slices and 4 drinks cost me 64,000 pesos (about $22.50).  We walked down a street and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

The plan for tomorrow is to have a quick bowl of cereal for breakfast, make a grocery trip to Mayorista and then I think Teresa is going to the finca.

The wifi came back on at 10pm.

T-shirt of the day: There is no finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment