Thursday, May 17, 2018

Wednesday, May 16, 2018


Last night either the jackhammer was too faint or I was too tired as I quckly fell asleep.  I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

For about the last week we’ve been sleeping with a blanket in addition to our usual sheet because it’s a lot cooler at night with all the rain we’ve been getting.

Teresa says we’re almost out of vegetables so we’ll probably be paying a visit to Mayorista soon.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I reminded Jose of my offer to teach him chess and he said maybe Saturday.  I did all my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.

On my way back to the apt I stopped at the copy center to print out a chess opening.  The lady put my flash drive in her computer and searched for my file.  She said something I didn’t understand and it didn’t print so I guess something didn’t work right.

Back at the apt my Word file looked okay to me but I copied it again and will try to print it later.

I took a nap on the couch, just before lunch, from 1 to 2pm.
I filled all the pages in my little exercise book so I had to create new ones.

Teresa says she’ll go to the movie with me tonight if it isn’t raining.

I received an email from Trip Advisor that my restaurant review of Tagliata was published.

At 4pm it started raining but it didn’t last long.

With my brother’s help I posted an ad to sell, rent, or exchange the finca to Medellin Expats on facebook.  I believe I can resubmit it at least once a month.  I’ll update it with more information as we go.  For example, now I know that Teresa wants 780,000 a month rental or 300,000,000 for a sale.

Teresa decided not to go to the movie Still/Born because it was so lowly rated at 5.3.  Laura decided not to go because Teresa wasn’t going.  Because of the heavy traffic outside leading to the highway I decided it was prudent to leave early.  I left the apt at 5:30, waited 10 minutes for the bus but at least traffic getting there was light.

At Oviedo I bought a general admission ticket for 5,250 pesos ($2).  They have half price admission on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  I read my Nook for awhile and then bought a small popcorn and medium soda for 13,200 ($5).  I still have a balance of 24,500 on my Cine Colombia card.

I took my seat and just before the movie started a man and woman took two of the other seats in my 6-seat row.  During an early part of the movie 3 young ladies arrived and hesitated outside my row (I was on the end) and the preceeding one.  They finally went down my row and talked to the couple.  It turned out the couple were on the wrong side of the aisle so they got up and moved.  In the meantime I missed the first “scary” scene in the movie.  At a later point the heroine does a back flip over a balcony and some people actually laughed.  As expected the 5.3 rated movie wasn’t very good.

I see that Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom arrives June 22nd.  That might be good.

I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus and was back at the apt before 9pm.

Laura asked me what I’m doing tomorrow and I said I’m playing chess with Jose all day.  She wanted me to go to Mayorca with her for her au paid doctor’s appointment.  It only cost 30,000 pesos.

At 9:30 it started raining just not very hard.  It was still raining lightly when we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: My taste is simple.  I like only the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment