Saturday, January 4, 2020

Friday, January 3, 2020


Last night I took a Trazadone and half a Zopiclona and I went to bed at 11pm.  The first two times I got up during the night I felt dizzy walking to the bathroom.  Not a great feeling.  At 4:30 I heard Teresa talking in her sleep, “Oh, no, no, no”.  I got up again at 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

No toast for breakfast because once again I forgot to buy bread.

Teresa told me she needs to go to the finca today because the new renters want to move in ASAP and there are a few things that need fixing.  She called someone then informed me she will go on Monday.

Among new US movie releases, there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, I might want to see Richard Jewell (7.7) playing at 3:50 in Viva Envigado.  Hmmm, maybe I’ll see it Monday.

I left the apt and walked to the gym where I completed my exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.  I also weighed in at 174 pounds.  I’d like to get that down to the 160s.

I forgot to mention that December 9th Medellin had a taxi fare increase.  I believe they raised the starting fare from 3,500 pesos to 3,600 and the minimum fare from 5,500 to 5,600 pesos.

Today we reached a high of 86 degrees, too warm for wearing my usual jeans so I put on shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt.

I have this running “battle” with Teresa where she tends to leave the windows/drapes closed and I want them open to get as much air circulation as possible, especially in the stuffy bedroom.

I left the apt at 3:30 and walked to the copy center next to Aymará but found it closed.  At Parva I bought a loaf of sano bread for 10,200 pesos and a café con leche.  I solved another set of 16 chess puzzles, finally reaching number 400, only 256 left to go.

I returned to the apt at 5:30 and Teresa informed me we’re going out with Esmeralda this evening so I changed into jeans and a t-shirt.

We went to the guardhouse to wait for Esmeralda and I asked where we are going and Teresa said to the patacon stand.  I tried to tell her that since they weren’t open last night they probably wouldn’t be open tonight but she ignored me.  Esmeralda soon arrived with MT and I asked where Alejandro is and she said he’s staying at a finca in Santafe de Antioquia.  We drove to Antica Pizza and again it and the patacon stand were closed.  I did run across the street to check out the sign on their door.  It said they are closed until January 7th and they directed us to their new location at Circular 4 #69-35, which appears to be in Laureles.  They asked me for suggestions and we finally settled on the Mexican restaurant in La Buena Mesa.  (It’s three blocks from where we started from our apt.)

I directed them there and we found a parking spot outside La Doctora.  It appeared that Esmeralda was in a deep discussin with the meter guy about a less expensive place to park when I intervened.  When I found out they charge 4mil per hour I told her not to worry I would pay for it.  We had a nice meal in El Tepito and the ladies enjoyed their beer in a frosted mug so much that they ordered another round.  They had fish and shared some with MT (remember she has no stomach) and I had the beef Quesadillas and a coconut lemonade.  We all thought it was delicious.  Luckily I brought extra cash with me and I was able to pay the bill of 120mil.

Teresa shared with us that Marta, Wilson’s girlfriend, has some type of cancer of the female organs, what specifically was beyond my level of Spanish.

We drove to Bocados Bar and sat outside the restaurant for a few minutes but I didn’t see Marta, or Wilson for that matter.  Teresa called someone and we left, dropped MT off at her apt and we got out at ours.

7,377 steps today.

Joke of the day
A priest and a rabbi operated a church and a synagogue across the street from each other.
Since their schedules intertwined, they decided to go in together to buy a car.
After the purchase, they drove it home and parked it on the street between them.
A few minutes later, the rabbi looked out and saw the priest sprinkling water on their new car.
It didn't need a wash, so he hurried out and asked the priest what he was doing.
"I'm blessing it," the priest replied.
The rabbi considered this a moment, then went back inside the synagogue.
He reappeared a moment later with a hacksaw.
“And what on Earth do you intend to do with that?” the priest asked.
“I’ve decided that I want to bless the car too,” the rabbi replied.
He promptly walked over to the back of the car and sawed two inches off the tailpipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment