Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Tuesday, January 14, 2020


Last night I took half a Zopiclona with 2 Trazadone and went to bed at 10:45.  I got up twice about 12:30 and 2:30, took another half a Zopiclona, finally waking at 5:45 and getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to the mall.  I recycled 3 plastic bottles, printed some chess notes, a couple email receipts and Teresa’s calcium results.  I had my usual breakfast for 10mil at Habia Una Vez but today they didn’t have croissants so they gave me an arepa. Ugh!  Jose arrived just after 8:30 and I told him about my lesson with Juan Castro.  I mentioned that Juan thought there would be a tournament the January 24th weekend.

After chatting a while over a cup of coffee we went to Home Center where I dropped off the broken fan and Jose helped me with the transaction.

We went upstairs to the food court where we had our choice of tables.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I played the Dutch Defense.  I got an attack going similar to what I had just seen in one of my lessons and he resigned on the 36th move.  My Stockfish computer analysis later only suggested one improvement for me.

After lunch I had the White pieces and I played my usual The London System.  He played some unusual moves but I got an attack going against his king and he lost an exchange once and gave me a piece and he finally resigned on the 37th move.  That’s 5 wins in a row for me!  Wow, something is working!  This time Stockfish had 5 better moves that I missed.

He left and I paid the Une and utility bills at Exito.

I went into Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche and read some news on my cellphone.

I returned to the apt at 5pm, picking up milk at Exito on my way back.

Jose emailed me that the chess tournament is January 29th to February 2nd.  Bad timing!  Well, I guess I’ll just be that much stronger for the next tournament.  I hope!

Teresa left about 5pm to take her mother to Santa Fe mall.

I watched a couple more episodes of the Netflix series You.
Teresa returned at 9:15.

8,237 steps today.

Joke of the day
A married Irishman went into the confessional and said to his priest, 'I almost had an affair with another woman.' 
The priest said, 'What do you mean, almost?' 
The Irishman said, 'Well, we got undressed and rubbed together, but then I stopped.'
The priest said, 'Rubbing together is the same as putting it in. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box.'
The Irishman left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box.
He paused for a moment and then started to leave.
The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, 'I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!'
The Irishman replied, 'Yeah, but I rubbed the $50 on the box, and according to you, that's the same as putting it in!'

No comments:

Post a Comment