Thursday, January 23, 2020

Wednesday, January 22, 2020


Last night I took half a Zopiclona and and went to bed at 10:45.  I got up several times during the night, took another half a Zopiclona at some point, was awakened by a calf cramp at 5:30 finally waking/getting up at 6:30.  My lower back is just slightly achier then yesterday.

We still have a little light rain and the high is only 65 where it’s usually 70 degrees by this time.

I called Yahoo and with great reluctance on their part, because they wanted me to pay for their support service, the rep finally led me through their instructions (help.yahoo.com) on how to change my interface from Spanish to English.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym classes.  I left about 9:30 and walked to the gym in a light rain.  I completed all my exercises in about an hour and 20 minutes.  I ran into Marcos and he said Rob had triple bypass heart surgery.  I wonder if his health insurance pays for most of that.

At 1:30 in the afternoon it was only 70 degrees.  Love it!

Teresa returned about 11:30 while I was watching Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime (1st month free trial version).

Teresa informed me that the new furniture is supposed to be delivered tomorrow afternoon so I have to be here to make the final debit card payment.

I left the apt at 2:15 and met Juan at Parva a few minutes later.  We worked on my Spanish for a couple hours and he left.  We plan to meet again in 2 weeks for coffee with my brother.

I stayed another hour and solved another set of chess puzzles.
Back at the apt Teresa soon returned with 2 envelopes from the doorman.  They each contained what looked like the same Real Estate document, something about the apartment and June 17th.  She also brought 2 Subway sandwiches that we had later for our dinner.

We watched a couple more episodes of You on Netflix.

6,385 steps today.

Joke of the day
Mrs. Dunn’s son, Timmy Dunn, had left Ireland for America, never to be heard from again.  She discovered that Mike O’Malley was leaving for America and asked Mike to look for Timmy and tell him to write to her.  Well, Mike looked for Tim everywhere he went, asking many a man whether he was Timmy Dunn, but to no avail.  Then one day in a men’s room, a man walked out of the stall.  Mike asked him, “Are you Dunn?”
The gentleman said, “Yes.”
Mike replied, “Well, why don’t you write to your mother?!”

No comments:

Post a Comment