Sunday, January 19, 2020

Saturday, January 18, 2020


Last night I took half a Zopiclona with 2 Trazadone and went to bed at 10:45.  I got up once about 3am, took another half a Zopiclona and returned to bed finally waking up at 5:45 and getting up at 6:15.

Later, Teresa is taking the metro to Niqua, the north end of the line, and from there  a bus or taxi to Bello to meet with an old friend.  I asked her what time she’s leaving here and she said she’s waiting for her friend to call her with more details.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to downtown Envigado.  I looked in Claro for the English speaking young man but didn’t see him.  I made an ATM withdrawal then got on a bus to Poblado.  At Envios Market I picked up a package with 2 bottles of spray-on tan for Teresa, 6 glass straws with cleaner, a tube of Ben Gay and, finally, my 4k FireTV Stick; also my January Chess Life magazine and a piece of junk mail.

I took the bus back to Envigado and got off just before my Smartfit.  I went across the street to a small mall where I looked for the tienda naturista Juan told me about.  A woman noticed I looked lost and she helped me figure out I was on the wrong side of the street.  I crossed the street where I found the little store that I walk past 6 times week to and from the gym.  It sells bread, granola and stuff like that while I was expecting vitamins and nutritional supplements.

I walked to a pharmacy where I bought 20 more Trazadone then on to Parva where I had a café con leche while solving another set of chess puzzles.

I returned to the apt and Teresa was still there.  She said her friend is still in Bogota so I guess they won’t be meeting today after all.

I left the apt again at 12:15 and met Chuck outside Percimon.  He had his new puppy with him, a 2 month old Shitzu named Sofia.  He said right now she “shitzus” all over the house.

We decided to have lunch at Na Pizza.  He ordered 2 pizzas, one to go and I tried their meat lasagna which was quite good.  Rebecca was there and I told her a couple of jokes.  She showed us photos of her 8 month old baby boy.

About 1:15 he returned to his apt and I walked to the mall.  I bought 3 platinum preferred seats to Bombshell (6.8) for 22,800 pesos each.  Glenn and James really enjoyed the reclining seats and that the ushers bring your concession order to your seat.

We went downstairs for coffee and Glenn told me more about his plan to work towards a certificate so he can teach English to children online – probably China.  David and Lilliana stopped by and said hello.

They all left and I solved a few chess puzzles.

I went to Auros where I had some chess notes printed then I returned to the apt.

I watched a couple more episodes of You until Teresa switched to her Master Chef program.

11,635 steps today.

Joke of the day
Dad always bragged about the gunners on his ship.  Once during target practice, an unmanned drone flew past an antiaircraft cruiser.  The cruiser opened up, shells furiously flying all around the drone but not hitting it.  Then came Dad’s ship’s turn.  The gunners’ very first shot sent the drone into the water!
Forty years later, Dad met the man responsible, and he told him how impressed he had been.  “Yeah, I got in a lot of trouble for that,” the gunner said.  “Turns out we were supposed to shoot around it, not hit it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment