Monday, January 20, 2020

Sunday, January 19, 2020


Last night I took half a Zopiclona with no Trazadone and went to bed at 10:45.  I got up once about 3:15, took another half Zopiclona and returned to bed finally waking/getting up at 7am.  The only difference I noted without the Trazadon is it seemed to take a few more minutes to fall asleep.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to Avenida Poblado.  
While waiting for a bus I noticed the Smartfit receptionist outside the main entrance popping balloons.  I looked inside and didn’t see anyone working out.  She told me they have 2 customers this morning.  My bus arrived after a 10 minute wait.  Ten minutes later I got off at Calle 7 and walked up the hill and found Glenn and James sitting at an outside table at Ganso y Castor.  Today I tried something different with my café con leche, Greek yogurt with bananas, granola, and açai berries.  It was pretty good.  In the midst of our breakfast Glenn realized he left his keys in the back of the Uber they used.  (Uber is officially illegal here as of the end of January.)  James called the driver and after some conversational difficulties offered a 50mil reward if the driver would return them quickly.  (That’s probably close to a daily profit for a taxi driver here.)

They made arrangements to meet at Parque Poblado in 45 minutes so at 10:05 we paid the bill and started walking down Calle 7 to the park.  I pointed out the most logical place for a taxi to park and we sat down on the stairs to wait for him.  At 11:05 I told the guys I couldn’t stand the excitement any longer and I was going to walk down to the metro station and take the metro to Ayura station.  
Walking down the hill I got a better idea and after a 5 minute wait at Avenida Las Vegas I caught a Sabaneta bus.  I got off at the usual spot just before McDonald’s.  While approaching the stoplight to cross I noticed the bus turn and go up the hill right where I wanted to go.  What?  In the future I guess I’ll have to wait slightly longer to get off to see which way the bus is heading.

I was very happy I decided to wear shorts today although it looks like we might get some rain on Tuesday that will cool off the temperature for the next few days.

Outside the guardhouse I bought an avocado from a vendor for 4mil.  I asked for one that is ripe for today’s lunch and he asked me some question I didn’t understand, maybe a choice of 2 different types.

I was back at the apt by 11:30 and of course Teresa declared the avocado not ripe for today.  (Then you buy the avocados instead of asking me to buy them.)

With a break for lunch it took about an hour for me to unpack, setup the hardware and software for my new 4k FireTV Stick.  I couldn’t get the Alexa voice command to work and it looks like everything requires a subscription.

I took a nap from 2:15 to 3pm and when I got up Teresa was gone to visit with a friend in La Estrella.

Wow, the Tennessee Titans look like the team to beat in this year’s playoffs.  As soon as I wrote that, KC came roaring back.  I must have cursed the Titans.

With about 1 minute left in the first half, right in the middle of a play, Direct TV cut away to a commercial.  Idiots!  They returned with 11 seconds left in the half and then 10 seconds later they cut to another commercial.  Obviously we missed out on a KC touchdown.  The Chiefs won 35-24 over the Titans.

I texted Rob via Whatsapp about installing his apps for my Firestick and he informed me he’s going in for open heart surgery tomorrow.  Ouch.  I told him to get well and I’ll contact him again after my brother leaves on February 19th.

Direct TV guide has the Packers 49ers game listed as the AFC championship.  LOL.  I REALLY don’t want to see the Packers in the Superbowl.  The halftime score was 49ers 27, Packers 0.  The final score was 49ers 37, Packers 20.

7,650 steps today.

Joke of the day
A mother-in-law arrives home from shopping to finds her son-in-law Pete in a steaming rage and hurriedly packing his suitcase.
"What happened Paddy?" she asks anxiously. 
"What happened?  I'll tell you what happened! I sent an email to my wife telling her I was coming home today from my fishing trip. I get home... and guess what I found??  Your daughter, my wife Jean, naked with Tim McDurmet in our marital bed! This is unforgivable, the end of our marriage. I'm done. I'm leaving forever!"
"Come now, calm down, calm down Paddy!" says his mother-in-law. "There is something very odd going on here.  Jean would never do such a thing! There must be a simple explanation. I’ll go speak to her immediately and find out what happened."
Moments later, the mother-in-law comes back with a big smile. "There now Pete, you see? I told you there must be a simple explanation!”
"Well, WHAT is it?" Fumed Pete.
"She never got your E-mail!"

No comments:

Post a Comment