Thursday, January 30, 2020

Wednesday, January 29, 2020


Last night I took a Zopiclona with 2 Trazadona, went to bed at 10:45pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, got up a 3rd time at  5am and finally gave up falling back asleep and I got up at 5:45am.

Well, my brother arrives at the Rionegro airport via COPA at 5:28pm.  I’ve arranged for our usual private driver for pickup.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the gym.  At one point I saw a young man come in with an electric scooter.  He folded it in half and then carried it further into the gym.  I completed all my exercises in and hour and 20 minutes.

I walked to Parva where I bought a loaf of Sano bread for 10mil from the young lady who speaks good English.  I think from now on I’ll call her blue eyes.

I was back at the apt by 11:15.

I recharged my cellphone for the expected ride to, and wait at, the airport later today.

After lunch I download a game app called Fishdom.  I soon learned it wasn’t going to be much fun but then I couldn’t figure out how to exit the program.  Then I had the added pressure of Teresa asking me about sending or receiving some email from the furniture store Puro Cuero.  I had already logged out of my laptop and now my cell phone was unavailable.

I left the apt at 2pm and on my way to the copy center I found Chuck sitting outside Aymara having coffee.  We chatted a bit, I got a couple pages printed at the copy center, and I soon was on a Sabaneta bus.  I figured out that if I turned off my cell phone completely and restarted it I could get back to the main screen and from there go to Settings where I uninstalled the Fishdom game.
I got off at the San Diego mall and walked through to the other side to Avenida Las Palmas to the bus stop.  It was now just after 3pm and 5 minutes later the airport bus arrived.

The bus went through the new tunnel, first a small section then a much longer one that took 10 minutes to get through.  We arrived at the airport and it seemed the tunnel cut 20 minutes off the trip from San Diego mall, so 25 minutes instead of the previous 45.  The fare went up from 10mil to 10,500.

Inside the airport I checked to see that Jim’s flight was still on time.  I went up to J&C Delicias where I bought a mango juice.  I sat outside the restaurant and solved a set of chess puzzles.

I saw his plane land right on time at 5:28.  I went downstairs to the Arrivals area and texted Bryan, our driver.  He said he was in the parking lot and would soon be inside.  My brother walked out 20 minutes after landing.  He reported he upgraded his seat to Business Class from Chicago to Panama City for $200.

Bryan took Jim’s bag and we headed out to the airport parking.  The car still looks like new and we returned to Medellin via the tunnel then cut off a new sideroad that kept us away from the usual Medellin traffic.

He dropped us off at our elevator and I paid him his 90mil plus a 10mil tip.

Inside he gave Teresa the skin cream she asked for and for me 3 bags of salted-in-the-shell peanuts, 3 bottles of Root Beer, canker sore medicine, a roll of Scotch packing tape, and most important my new Acer laptop with carrying case.

We left the apt at 7:30 and walked to La Casita Parilla where we had a nice dinner for 3 for 50,500 pesos.  Returning to the apt we stopped in Barrio Sur cafĂ©/bar to check it out for the Superbowl.  They have a few interesting items on their food menu but they only have 2 TV screens.  (Btw, they usually open for the night at 4/4:30pm.)

12,609 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in the first class section of an airplane. The woman sneezed, took out a tissue, wiped her nose, then visibly shuddered for ten to fifteen seconds. 
The man went back to his reading. A few minutes later, the woman sneezed again, took a tissue, wiped her nose, and then shuddered violently once more. 
Assuming that the woman might have a cold, the man was still curious about the shuddering. A few more minutes passed when the woman sneezed yet again. 
As before she took a tissue, wiped her nose, her body shaking even more than before. 
Unable to restrain his curiosity, the man turned to the woman and said, 'I couldn't help but notice that you've sneezed three times, wiped your nose and then shuddered violently. Are you OK?' 
'I am sorry if I disturbed you, I have a very rare medical condition; whenever I sneeze I have an orgasm. ' 
The man, more than a bit embarrassed, was still curious. 'I have never heard of that condition before' he said. 'Are you taking anything for it?' 
The woman nodded. 'Yes, pepper.'

No comments:

Post a Comment