Monday, January 27, 2020

Sunday, January 26, 2020


Last night I took a Zopiclona with 3 Trazadona, went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, and got up once at 5am.  At 5:30 I gave up going back to sleep so I got up to start my day.

For homework, Juan Castro sent me 600 Mate in 3 puzzles.  Yikes!  It seems to me that could take forever to finish.  Well, I guess we’ll see.

I left the apt just before 8am and quickly caught a bus to El Poblado.  I walked up Calle 7 arriving at Ganso y Castor at 8:20.  I had the acai berry bowl with Greek yogurt and 2 café con leches for 33,500, an expensive breakfast by Colombian standards.

At 10am we moved to Pergamino where I had another café con leche with an almond croissant.

About 11:30 they decided to take an Uber to Sabaneta but after screwing around for about 30 minutes they finally gave up and I called a taxi using Cabify.  At first it searched with a 5-minute maximum wait then it gave us the opportunity to wait for 5, 10, or 15 minutes.  I chose 15 minutes and a ride was 15 minutes away.  He came a long way to pick us up and it was a nice Uber quality car.  I got off at Calle 38 Sur and walked up the hill to downtown Envigado.

I made an ATM withdrawal then took a bus to La Buena Mesa where I returned to the apt.

Teresa had already left for the finca but she had forgotten to lock the door via the deadbolts.

I heard Kobe Bryant and his daughter died this morning in a helicopter crash in LA.

About 2pm I walked to Go Wings where I had their 6 piece chicken wing combo for 18,590 pesos and got their new phone number for home delivery.

I had a café con leche at Parva while solving a few Mate in 3 chess puzzles and reorganizing some of my Spanish notes.

Back at the apt I watched more episodes of the 2nd season of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

Teresa called me that she was going to mass in Caldas.  She finally returned about 9:15 and I gave up the TV so she could watch her Septima Dia program.

I traded a number of text messages with Alex who is having apt problems again.

Teresa told me the couple renting the new finca want to move in next weekend so she will have to go with them to a notary on Thursday or Friday to sign contracts.  I understand she is a veterinarian and he is a film producer.

8,154 steps today.

Joke of the day
Jennifer’s wedding day was fast approaching, and she was horrified to learn that her mother had bought the exact same dress for the wedding as her father’s young new wife.
Jennifer implored her stepmother to exchange hers, but she refused.  So Jennifer’s mother agreed to buy a different dress for the wedding.
“Are you going to return the other dress?” Jennifer asked.  “You really don’t have another occasion where you could wear it.”
Her mother smiled.  “Of course I do, dear.  I’m wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment