Friday, January 31, 2020

Thursday, January 30, 2020


Last night I took a Zopiclona with 2 Trazadona, went to bed at 10:45pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

We left the apt at 8am and walked to downtown Envigado.  We first had an orange juice at the corner shop near Exito.  I’m sure Jim drooled over the arepas at Las Chachas as we walked to the little restaurant called Donelia in Chuck’s Mart.  We each had calentado with coffee that was served in a little bowl (taza) and, unfortunately, wasn’t very hot.  You couldn’t beat the price, though, at 13mil each.

We walked to the previous location of Mercado de Tranvia de Envigado and the whole structure is torn down.  We walked to the bank where we made a withdrawal for some pocket money.  


We stopped in Claro where Jim helped me increase Teresa’s data plan to 12GB and we inquired about Claro Video.  I understand that there is no monthly fee if I use it with wifi and some movies are free but others have a rental fee.

We went to the mall where Jim looked, unsuccessfully, for a place where he could get a manicure/pedicure.  We had coffee at Todo Fresa and returned to the apt about 1pm.

Jim took a nap and I got caught up on my blog and emails.

We left again at 2:30 and had the menu of the day at Asados Rogelio for 17mil each.

At Parva we had coffee while sitting outside enjoying the fresh air.
We walked down some side streets west of Avenida Poblado where I found a tienda naturista named Alpha at Transversal 31 Sur #32 B-62.  They had all the vitamins and supplements I was looking for, they take credit cards, and they deliver (domicilios) at 448 7372.
We walked to Fecundity Park by Aymara and he went scouting for a pedicure.  He found one across the street and down a block.  It took a little over 30 minutes but only cost him 13,000.

We walked to the Spanish tapas restaurant where Jim stayed for a cup of wine but I returned to the apt.

About the dining room table, Teresa told me the saleslady said it will only support the heavy glass with the cross supports.  I told her then let’s exchange this table for the one in their showroom.  I know it’s a little longer so I asked Teresa to call them and find out what its length is.  She called and then told me to wait a while.

When Jim returned I learned some additional details: we have an “improved” model; the showroom model doesn’t disassemble; the factory is in El Retiro which is where we were planning on going tomorrow.

We left the apt at 8pm and took a taxi to Antica Pizza.  There was no line and we only had to wait 5-10 minutes for seats.

14,760 steps today.

Joke of the day
An exercise for people who are out of shape: Begin with a five-pound potato bag in each hand.  Extend your arms straight out from your sides, hold them there for a full minute, and then relax. 
After a few weeks, move up to ten-pound potato bags.  Then try the 50-pound potato bags, and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-pound potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.
Once you feel comfortable at that level, put a potato in each bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment