Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Tuesday, January 28, 2020


Last night I took a Zopiclona with 3 Trazadona, went to bed at 10:45pm, fell asleep quickly, got up 4-5 times during the night (feeling a little dizzy each time), finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.  (I had soup for dinner last night and I’m sure all that liquid caused me to get up so many times during the night.)

I left the apt just before 8am and the doorman went to my mailbox and handed me a list of this year’s chess tournaments from Juan Castro.  At the mall I printed an email at Auros then went on to Habia Una Vez.  I was working on my 10mil breakfast when Jose arrived about 8:30.  He had breakfast while I was enjoying on my 2nd café con leche.  We discussed the upcoming chess tournaments and my recent chess lessons.

Just after 9am we went upstairs where we setup at our usual table.  I had White in the first game and I played my usual London System.  I locked up his pieces pretty well on the queen side and had a strong attack going on the kingside but I couldn’t finish him off and we ended up in a draw on the 47th move.  Btw, I had 7 seconds left on my clock.

He had his usual sandwich from Q’Hubo and I had my usual BBQ nuggets from Frisby.  The food court was noticeably less busy than usual which I believe was due to the fact that children are back in school.

I had Black in the 2nd game and played the Dutch Defense but he got a strong attack going on the queenside and I resigned on the 35th move.

By the time we finished it was almost 4pm, he left and I went upstairs to Mr. Kutz where I got my usual haircut for 30mil.  It was misting as I entered the shop but it was raining harder as I left.
I went down to Home Center where I bought a pack of 10 hangers for the guest bedroom.

At Todo Fresa I had a café con leche while catching up on the day’s news.  I received an email from Envios Market that I have documents waiting for pickup.  After an hour I called Teresa and she told me it wasn’t raining so I packed up and left.

I stopped at the nextdoor Exito where I bought a bag of milk and the 5 carrots that Teresa requested.

When I returned to the apt Teresa had a nice tablecloth covering our new table.  Of course Teresa didn’t care for my haircut.  She keeps threatening to go with me next time I get a haircut so she can give the barber specific instructions.  If she had her way I would have something resembling a crewcut with no beard.  Sigh!

For dinner I had hot vegetables that Teresa made for me and even though the plate was on a placemat, one vegetable somehow flipped off my fork and landed on the tablecloth, dirtying it. Yikes!
I moved a few things down to our garage storage room.

6,796 steps today.

Joke of the day
A lady goes to her parish priest one day and tells him: "Father, I have a problem. I have two female parrots but they only know how to say one thing."
"What do they say?" the priest inquired.
"They say, 'Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?'"
"That's obscene!" the priest exclaimed, "I can see why you are embarrassed." He thought for a minute and then said: "You know, I may have a solution to this problem. I have two male parrots whom I have taught to pray and read the Bible. 
Bring your two parrots over to my house and we will put them in the cage with Francis and Job. My parrots can teach your parrots to praise and worship. I'm sure your parrots will stop saying that...that phrase in no time."
"Thank you. This may very well be the solution," the woman responded.
The next day, she brought her female parrots to the priest's house. As he ushered her in, she saw the two male parrots were inside their cage, holding their rosary beads and praying. Impressed, she walked over and placed her parrots in with them. After just a couple of seconds, the female parrots exclaimed in unison: "Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?" 
There was a stunned silence. Finally, one male parrot looked over at the other male parrot and said"Put the beads away, Francis, our prayers have been answered!"

No comments:

Post a Comment