Friday, January 17, 2020

Thursday, January 16, 2020


Last night I took half a Zopiclona with 2 Trazadone and went to bed at 10:45.  I got up once about 3:30, took another half a Zopiclona and returned to bed finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

We left the apt at 8:45 and took a taxi to one of the clinics on Calle 7 in Poblado, the same place where Teresa had her Colonoscopy.  I paid 270mil with my debit card and she went in for her Endoscopy.  I met her in the recovery room a little over 30 minutes later.  I question why they don’t do the Colonoscopy and Endoscopy at the same time so you don’t have to go through everything twice.

After Teresa was feeling a little less woozy we went to the next door cafeteria where she had a chicken salad sandwich and I had a cinnamon roll and café con leche.  We each got a salad to go for our lunch later and returned to the apt by taxi at 11:30.

The carpenter called and I understand the kitchen cabinet we special ordered should be delivered today at 3pm.  We will then give him the final payment of 500mil of the total of 1 million pesos.

We rested for an hour for Teresa and 30 minutes for me.

I received an email from Home Center that our fan is repaired and ready for pickup.  If I don’t get there tomorrow I’ll probably pick it up Saturday afternoon.

I left the apt at 1:50 and walked to Otra Parte where I found Juan Carlos waiting for me.  We went over my games against Jose, I solved a few puzzles in real time, and he answered a few of my questions about The London System.  I asked about him playing in the Moscow tournament and he said it would start about the 15th of February and continue into early March and he should know by next Monday if he is going.  (Per Google “18 February (the date of arrival) to 29 February 2020 (the date of departure)”.)  He told me he will be moving to an apartment in Sabaneta.

After the lesson I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while solving another set of 16 chess puzzles.

I returned to the apt about 6pm and the new kitchen cabinets had arrived.  Teresa was so happy to gain some more storage space.

I texted Juan and he gave me the name and address of the tienda naturista: Integral Market at Carrera 43A #28 Sur-21.  It must be just on the other side of Smartfit.

5,624 steps today.

Joke of the day
Recently a routine police patrol was parked outside a bar in the Outback. After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so apparently intoxicated that he could barely walk.  
The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly observing.  After what seemed an eternity, in which he tried his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his car and fall into it.
He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally, he started the car, switched the wipers on and off; it was a fine, dry summer night, flicked the blinkers on and off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights.  
He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little, and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patrons' vehicles left.  At last, when his was the only car left in the parking lot, he pulled out and drove slowly down the road.
The police officer, having waited patiently all this time, now started up his patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over and administered a breathalyzer test.  
To his amazement, the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man had consumed any alcohol at all!  Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."
"I doubt it," declared the man with pride.
 "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment