Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday, August 9th, 2013

Beatriz came over about 8:30 last night and gave me a pedicure and I gave her 10mil.  

(Her son’s 20th birthday is this Sunday but she doesn’t get paid until Thursday so she asked if she could borrow 40mil.  I only had a 50mil bill so I gave her that.)  We made plans to go downtown Saturday night about 7pm to see arts & crafts.  I was concerned it might be too late and they might be closed so we Googled the place until we found a telephone number.  She’s going to call them today and make sure they will still be open.

After Beatriz left I hadn’t done any work on RS so I completed one lesson – a Unit 1 Lesson 1 Review that I scored 100% on.

At 9:30 it started raining pretty heavily and was still raining when I went to bed.
I went to bed at 10:30 last night, woke up once at 4:30 and got up at 7:20 feeling GOOD!

After my morning workout on my way to Viva Mall I noticed one of those “turkey vultures” in the street near me so I took a couple pictures and a short video.




I took a little money out of my checking account and I had the Bunuelo Express for at the restaurant of the same name.  It included a small pan of scrambled eggs with tomato, an arepa with cheese on top and a small cup of coffee for 4,900 ($2.58)
I stopped at Exito and bought my 30 day supply of my enlarged prostate medicine – Tamsulosin – for 38,850 ($20.45).  I prefer this company’s - Sandoz – packaging because I can remove the capsules without damaging them.

I stopped at Jhon’s office about 9:45 on the way back and talked to him and John David, his pilot student, for a while.  Isabel is supposed to be here from 10-noon for her English lessons today.  I let Jhon take an extended cigarette break while I talked to his student for a while.  He’s a lot more confident talking to me now.  I left about 10:20, his student has to go to work – he is a cashier at a motorcycle garage.  Isabel hadn’t arrived yet and I had things to do.

Back at the apartment I noticed a police car parked at the end of the street – not in the street – with its lights flashing.  No sooner did I get in my apartment when I heard some noise and when I went out on my balcony I saw what looked like the beginning of an antique car parade going by.  I took a couple quick pictures, changed my shoes, locked up the apartment and took my iPad with me to the corner.  I took some pictures and video of the short parade.













Lunch was another FriBurrito and large coke and a bag of potato chips at Laureles Mall.  I found a couple of websites that have chess games dating back to about 1850.  They are organized in such a way that I can identify the opening that Dario is using and then locate and get familiar with similar games so I have some idea how to attack or defend his opening.

Dinner was just a bowl of cereal.

I wanted to see the Chicago Bears preseason football game tonight but when I logged onto USTVNOW they were carrying the game between the Patriots and the Eagles.  My son sent me some links to try but they all seemed to require some PlugIn that my ESET security wouldn’t allow me to download.  Finally he sent me a link that worked and then Beatriz rang from downstairs.  We watched the remainder of the first quarter and then went for ice cream.  Again the Almabar in Laureles Mall was closed so we went to Mimo’s in Viva and shared a banana split with nuts, cherries, and whipped cream.
Back at the apartment we finished the game from mid 3rd quarter but the Bears lost 21-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment