Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday, August 2nd, 2013



I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up again at 6am and got up at 6:30.

It seems like it’s been a long time since we’ve had rain but we finally got a little the past 2 nights.  Nothing during the day though.  The next week the predicted highs are in the mid to upper 70s instead of the mid 80s.  Sounds good to me!

The recycling guy seems to have been a little overwhelmed by all he has to cart away this morning.  Take a look at these pictures:






And take a look at this short video:




Take a look at the video again and notice his feet as he is entering the shade.  The cart is so overloaded his feet come off the ground.

I took a nap from 10am to 11am.  It’s a good thing I set my alarm this time or I cold have easily overslept.  It’s time to meet Reina and Angel.

I took some money out of the ATM and was waiting for Reina by 11:20.  She finally arrived about 11:45 and of course Angel was very excited to see me.  I played with him for a while in the pet zone until he got over his excitement.  We saw the veterinarian and she examined him and cleaned his ears.  She gave Reina a list of things (medicine) that he needs.  The charge for the Vet was 30mil ($16.67).  Then we had lunch at Laureles Mall.  I had the Chicken Combo #2 at Frisby for 17,100 ($9.00) and she had 2 pieces of chicken, Cole slaw, and a Mr. Tea for 15,100 ($7.95).  She also had a small salad and coconut rice from the seafood store for 4,700 ($2.47).  Then we played with Angel for a while in the pet area again and he finally went #1 and #2.  

We went back to the pet shop and bought most of the things on the list plus a bag of food for a total of 54,755 ($28.82).  We stopped at a regular pharmacy and bought something else for 9,700 ($5.11).  And since the pet store didn’t have one item we stopped at the other and bought one more item for about 20mil ($10.53).

Then I put Reina in a taxi and headed home with Angel in the carryall.  I stopped at Jhon’s office and let Angel out for a while on his little front porch area.  He teased Angel for a while and really got him to barking.

I finally got an email from the owner of the apartment that she received my check.  She hadn’t checked her mailbox since Monday so all I know is it arrived sometime between Tuesday July 30th and Thursday August 1st.

Beatriz came over about 7:30 and Angel didn’t like her at all.  After awhile he would just try to stay away from here instead of barking or growling so I guess that’s some improvement.

About 7:45 we started out for the Pizza place – Piccolos.  (As we left Angel voiced his displeasure about being left alone.)  I was pretty sure that all we had to do was walk east from Laureles Mall until we got to Avenida Nutibara but somehow we must have gotten turned around because we certainly didn’t go in the direction I expected.  Again we ended up about 3 blocks too far down Avenida Nutibara from the restaurant.  The pizza restaurants have very interesting choices.  We got the executive size with chicken on half and ham on the other.  It was very tasty but the best was the crust.  I also had a strawberry milkshake and Beatriz had 2 macadamia nut milkshakes for a total of 61,788 ($32.52).

Beatriz was wearing new shoes and her feet were hurting her so we took a taxi back for almost 5mil ($2.63) so it turned out to be a $35 date.

Back at the apartment I enjoyed throwing one of Angel’s stuffed toys and watching him retrieve it.  After a while Beatriz tried to catch him as he was returning it but was never successful.  Beatriz’ daughter Maria showed up with her boyfriend and a more comfortable pair of shoes for Beatriz.  We went downstairs and she loved seeing Angel.  Beatriz and I made plans to meet at my apartment on Wednesday morning (with her mother) and then we’re going to the Jardin Botanical Garden to see the flowers, birds, hummingbirds, etc.  It will be a first for them.  They probably couldn’t afford the 15mil entrance fee.  Beatriz left about 10:45, I’m finishing this blog and then Angel and I are going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment