Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday, August 5th, 2013

I went to bed at 11:15, got up at 2:10 and 5am for trips to the bathroom and finally got up at 6:15.

Breakfast was a bowl of cereal with milk leftover from last night.  It’s almost spoiled.

I took some money out of the ATM, paid my health insurance premium for the month of 102,000 ($53.68) at BanColombia and picked up my 5 shirts from the laundry for 6mil ($3.16).

I packed up all of Angel’s things and headed to Mall of Laureles. 

Lunch was another Hamburger Special #3 at Gordog’s for 10,500.

Reina showed up about 1pm and she gave me a little bit of a hard time because Angel was so dirty.  I meant to clean him before I left the apartment but I forgot.  Angel, of course, was very excited to see her.  I meant to only pay for ice cream but she told me she was hungry so I gave her some money and she bought the Special of the Day at Yummys for 10mil.  She didn’t care for the beef; it seemed to be a little undercooked and probably wasn’t very good quality meat either.  I know she had some words with the manager about it.

We bought some shampoo for Angel at the pharmacy for 15,150 ($7.97) and then took a taxi to Jumbo (used to be Carrefour, remember?) for just under 5mil ($2.63) and I paid 18mil ($9.47) for a Colombian Futbol shirt for Angel.  I then put them in a taxi and said goodbye.


I looked around Jumbo for a few things but didn’t have any luck so I took a taxi back to the apartment for just under 5mil ($2.63).

Its 4pm and again I hear somebody snoring next door; at least it’s better than the “bonging” I used to be hearing all day.

About 5pm I walked down to Jhon’s office and asked him if he wanted to go for a drink (and of course, for him, a cigarette).  At the corner store we were soon joined by Bob.  I gave him the flyer from Philly Steaks I had told him about but I warned him it was a long 15+ block walk from there.

I left at 6:30 with a bag of milk and had a bowl of cereal at home.  From 7-9pm I watched the The Bachelorette and from 9-10pm I watched Under the Dome.

 An expat posted on Colombia Expats about what sounded like a very troublesome drug.  I’ve included a separate posting entitled Devil’s Breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment