Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday, August 31st, 2013



I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night and finally woke up at 7:10.  Jurassic Park in 3D is playing at 7:20 at El Tesoro.  I wonder if Beatriz would like to go sometime next week. 

Breakfast was a bowl of cereal.

I spent about 30 minutes on a Rosetta Stone lesson where they are using new words in sentences.

Walking past Exito I saw what may have been the first female taxi driver I’ve seen here in Medellin.

I stopped at the Veterinarian’s office and asked about how to put the leash on Angel.  It turns out I’ve been doing it correctly it’s just that he has to be a little bigger before it fits correctly. 

I let Angel run free for a while in the pet area of LM both before and after lunch.
I ordered the Hamburger Combo #3 from Gordog’s and starting reading No Easy Day the latest book I downloaded to my Nook.  It’s the first hand account of the killing of Usama Bin Laden.  Angel was resting comfortably in his pet carrier in the chair beside me.  A man approached and introduced himself, in English, as William.  He’s a physician here in Medellin who works for Saludcoop (my insurance company) in the headquarters I’ve seen on Avenida 80.  He’s separated from his wife and 2 teenage daughters and he’s recently moved to El Poblado to be near them.  The apartment he used to have is in the white building just across the street (east) of LM.  He quoted me a price of 800-900 mil for a studio in that building.  He’s seen me studying chess here before.  He told me most doctors have to know a little English because most of the medical research is written in English but maybe they don’t speak it so well.  He confirmed that if I needed medical services I could just go to the TotalSalud building I’ve seen across Avenida 80 from Exito.

I cut through Viva Mall and they had a little petting zoo set up with a burro, llama, goats, pigs, and sheep.  Men were selling little packages of carrots for the kids to feed the animals.

Beatriz came over about 5:30 and wanted to take a walk to the mall.  I took her in through the front entrance and I think she was surprised when I turned right instead of left toward Exito and the food court.  She enjoyed feeding the animals with a bag of carrots we bought for 2mil although the llama and burro weren’t interested.  After that we went across the street and let Angel run around for a little while.  There was some kind of special doings going on as there were some extra booths setup at which Beatriz bought a little cupcake and there was live music.  I thought the cupcake was for her which is why I had a small ice cream cone after I finished my food but it turns out she was saving it for her daughter.  We each had a FrisBurrito from Frisby and we shared a large Pepsi and she also had a corn on the cob for a total of 21,300.  We let Angel play in the pet area again afterwards and we bought a little scarf for him from a lady sitting on the steps selling pet toys and clothes.

Back at the apartment I shared a joke with her (it’s a classic) and before she left we made plans to meet Monday night at 6:30 to see Jurassic Park 3D at El Tesoro at 7:20.

I was hours late remembering to take my medicine so we'll see how I sleep tonight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment