Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday, August 27th, 2013



Last night it started raining again at 10pm.  I went to bed at 11pm got up once during the night and finally woke up at 7pm feeling pretty refreshed.

Breakfast was a bowl of cereal with yesterday’s leftover milk.

Last night I finished the 929 page book Inferno: The World at War, 1939-1945.  It really ended on page 770; the rest of the book is Acknowledgments, References, Bibliography, and an Index.  Today I downloaded Bobby Fischer: The Career and Complete games of the American World Chess Champion.

Besides the chess book I’ve been waiting 10 weeks for, on June 8th I ordered the Third Edition of Chess Tactics for the Tournament Player from Amazon with an approximate shipping date of September 8th.  Today I received an email it has been shipped by IPARCEL with an estimated delivery date of Wednesday, October 2nd.  They also gave me a tracking number.
 
The book I’ve been waiting 10 weeks for was shipped on June 16th by Standard International Shipping with a delivery estimate of July 23rd again by IPARCEL.  I double checked my address and it is correct.  I entered my tracking number in the i-parcel website and received the message “Invalid tracking number or this tracking number is not using a trackable service”.  It also says “Please contact us at trackmyparcel@i-parcel.com if you require additional assistance” so I sent them an email.  I hope they can do something to check on my order.

This evening I had a timely answer to my email: “Thanks for contacting i-parcel as 
our customer service team takes great pride in being able to satisfy our customers. You have selected Standard service for the delivery of your parcel and STD parcels are not trackable.  Please see more information from Amazon on STD shipment tracking here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468530
We can tell you that we received your parcel in our facility on 6/17/2013 and it 
landed in CO on 6/23/13. Ultimately your shipment will be delivered by 4/72. 
Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further information to you as to the status 
of your parcel and suggest that if you do not receive your parcel within the 
transit time quoted on Amazons site that you contact Amazon Customer Service for 
further assistance.”
4/72 is the shipping company I visited downtown in Parque Berrio on June 16th to mail my postcards.  I wonder if I went there if they would have any information about my order.  But first I’m going to check and see what I can learn from Amazon.

Beatriz met me at Laureles mall just before 12:30 and for lunch we each had the pork ribs and a coke from Gordog’s for a total of about 24mil ($12.63).

I was looking for someone to clean my apartment once a week for 20mil.  Beatriz told me I could have someone twice a month from 7am to 4pm for 35mil each visit.  That basically amounts to the same money per month but I don’t know what I could have them do for 9 hours each time.

Beatriz took the Santra Belen 315 bus from south of LM back to work.

I read some of my new Nook book and then went to the corner store where Bob was sitting alone at a table.

I bought him another beer and a juice for myself and we talked for a couple hours.  At one point Jhon came by but he had already told me he wouldn’t be able to stay.

I left just before 6pm with a bag of milk and had a waffle at home.

Now I’m watching Extreme Weight Loss on USTVNOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment