Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday, August 20th, 2013



Last night I watched Shark Tank and Under the Dome on USTVNOW and also did some reading in my Nook book about World War II.

I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night and finally got up at 6:45am.

I’m getting more serious about Rosetta Stone; I’m doing 4 lessons a day now – at least weekdays.  Of course, occasionally that can be the same lesson repeated 4 times.  Lol. 
9:05am and someone buzzes my apartment.  I look over the balcony to see a man, not in uniform, walking away while writing something down on a small piece of paper.  I checked downstairs but there isn’t anything by the front door or the garage.  I wonder what that was about.  

I swept the apartment except for the 2 bedrooms that I keep closed.  Of course I hate housework.  I think I’ll talk to Beatriz and Jhon about maybe finding someone to come in once a week for maybe 20mil ($10) to dust, sweep, and mop the floors.  Every day I’m washing something in my laundry room: underwear, socks, t-shirts.  Today I washed my Punta Cana baseball cap and hung it up to dry.

I’ve been thinking about this Friday night’s Bears game and I think I might go check out Hooter’s in Parque Lleras and if they aren’t carrying the game I’ll go to Patrick’s Pub which should be just around the corner.  I think I’d only watch the first half from about 9-10:30 and then head home.  That way I would be able to see most of the first string in action and still get to bed at a decent hour.  And if it’s too crowded or they aren’t carrying the game then it only cost me the price of a bus  and a taxi ride.
About 11pm I stopped at the laundry but they told me it wasn’t ready yet.  They needed another 30 minutes.  On my way back to the apartment I stopped at Exito and bought a large box of Fitness with fruits cereal for 18,150 and another package of Trident gum for 2,120.

I think I’m going to need a haircut pretty soon.  When I put my baseball cap on it feels like I have a pony tail (or a duck’s tail) sticking out the back.  Lol.

Lunch was chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s for 9,900.  According to the paper advertisement on their tray this is how many restaurants they have in the following cities in Colombia:
Armenia – 1
Manizales – 1
Bogota – 1
Pereira: 2
Cali: 3
Medellin: 7

About 1:30 Dario arrived and we played a game.  I had black but he played a slightly different opening.  He then transposed into his regular opening but the deviation didn’t help his position anyway.  I felt I had control of the game but once again he slipped out of my grasp and I got the loss.  Midway thru the game Franklin arrived and I know the two of them talked over the situation.  Dario said he had to leave anyway so Franklin and I started playing.  This was the first time the two of us have played with a clock.  I know he plays fast and I need a slower tempo to find better moves.  We played a series of 10 and 15 minute games and he won almost all of them.  I wonder if he got tired of slaughtering me.  I won the last 2 games though.  In the last game he told me “I have this game” and he was checking my king all over the place but when he ran out of checks it was my turn and he made a mistake and I checkmated him.

I left about 5pm because Beatriz is supposed to be coming over tonight.  I bought a bag of milk at the corner store and had half of the granola I bought with Beatriz last Friday.  It’s tasty, but a little dry and very filling.  I’ll probably go back and buy some more.

I watched Extreme Weight Loss from 7-9pm and Beatriz hasn’t shown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment