Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday, August 30th, 2013


I don’t seem to have as much stamina for some (ahem) activities as I used to.  I’m sure my age has something to do with it but I’m also at an elevation of 5,000 feet – almost as high as Denver’s 5,280 (1 mile) feet – so that could have something to do with it too.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night (2:10am) and finally woke up at 7:20.

I looked at my checking account and most of my September deposits have already been made.  Yeah!

After my workout and shower I arrived at Viva Mall just after 8:30.  Walking in the main entrance I was surprised to see a man, standing at the ready, with a shotgun in front of the first store (Tennis).  Behind him the store appears to still be closed and I could see an employee arranging clothes.  After I turned the corner, I understood what was going on.  There is a spot with 3 ATM machines, called Cajero, that were being refilled with money.  BTW, “Cajero” translated to English is “cashier”.

I headed downstairs and was successful in taking out a little money from the DaviVienda ATM but the ATH ATM wouldn’t even accept my card.  I wonder what that’s about.  I went across the street and used my iPad to send a quick email to Reina that I was successful in getting some money for today.  I had the Express breakfast for 4,900 pesos at Bunuelo Express.  There was a nice looking middle aged woman sitting at the next table (petite with black hair) having breakfast with her mother. 

Back at the apartment Rosetta Stone is once again giving me a whole new set of words. 

I was at LM by about 11:15 and Reina met me shortly after 11:30 with Angel who of course was excited to see me.  For lunch I had SanJote’s chicken breast that comes with a small salad and a few potatoes and my usual mango juice for a total of 15,500 ($8.16).  Reina had soup, and a couple of burritos with chicken and mushrooms, and mango juice for again a total of 15,500.

I gave Reina money for her taxi and sent her on her way.

I took Angel back to my apartment and he’s happy to be sitting on my lap as I type.  Reina remembered to bring Angel’s leash this time but she doesn’t know how to put it on – her sister does.  I hope to run into Mary, the dog lady, so I can ask her for help.

From about 4pm to 7pm I sat at the corner store with Jhon and later Bob.  Bob was celebrating getting his Cedula.  The dog lady came by but had no idea how to put the leash on Angel either.  Tomorrow I’ll probably stop at the Veterinarians’ office and see if they can show me how to put the leash on Angel.

Back at the apartment I made some popcorn and watched Shark Tank followed by 20/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment