Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday, August 13th, 2013



It started raining here about 10pm last night.  I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 4:30 and had difficulty getting back to sleep.  (And it was still raining - hard!)  I took 2 Excedrin Migraine, went back to bed, finally fell back asleep and woke up at 7am.   From about 7:30 the heavy rain changed to a steady drizzle.  BTW, when I got up at 4:30 I noticed the recycling guy’s cart is outside.

BTW, I used the Insert Symbol feature in MS Word and added accent marks to the Spanish version of the Festival of Flowers description and updated both versions in my blog.

I took a little cash out of the ATM for tonight’s trip to the movies and then had breakfast at Bunuelo Express.  

I think it’s going to be another cool day today so I just might gamble and wear jeans all day.

I’m sorry that I didn’t keep the original email but one expat was inquiring as to whether there were cars here with large sub-woofers blaring their music like in the US.  Here is one reply:
Mawdsjeff: “Not a lot of sub-woofers in the "chatterero" cars you find here!  BUT lots of LOUD annoying speakers advertising stupid things you don't want! They drive round slowly blaring out adverts and annoying everyone.  Better bring your earplugs!”

Lunch was another Friburrito, small bag of potato chips and large Pepsi.

I played 3 games of chess with a new man today – Franklin.  I had white in the first game, was able to play my favorite opening and I had an advantage in space and finally won in the endgame with a bishop and matching number of pawns.  In the second game I had black and he won easily as I resigned after 12 moves.  In the third game I had white again and I managed to win a bishop and mount a strong attack where I exchanged one of my bishops for a rook and with a mate almost guaranteed, he resigned.  He said he would meet me here again tomorrow at 1pm.

I spent about an hour with Jhon having an orange juice for me, Coke for him at the corner store.  We’re still trying to solve all of the world’s problems.  Lol.  I bought a bag of milk and had a bowl of cereal when I got back to the apartment.  

BTW, I found the bills just inside the front door.  My utility bill is a total of 69,872 ($36.77) up 14% and my communications bill is a total of 104,943 ($55.23) the same as last month.

Beatriz should be coming over tonight and we’re going to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment