Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013



Last night Beatriz came over a little later than expected but we managed to leave about 7:40 for the 8:30 show.  We got to the theater by 7:55 and, as I hoped, there was no line.  We bought our Preferred Seating tickets – only 9mil each ($4.74) for weekdays and our medium popcorn for 8,600 ($4.52) and large Pepsi for 4,900 ($2.58) and a small bag of M&Ms for her for 5,600 ($2.95).  (The taxi was just under 5mil each way and I tipped the taxi driver the difference – something like 200-400 pesos.)  

While we were sitting waiting to be allowed into the theater I noticed an advertisement for their Colombia Cine Card which gives discounts on tickets and concessions.  We went back to the ticket window and I was ready to purchase one for 6,500 pesos ($3.42) but Beatriz seemed a little reluctant and I didn’t really understand what was going on so we decided to postpone the purchase until I can learn more.  (I tried Googling it the next day but couldn’t find any more information.)

I counted 22 people in the theater – 11 couples.  At 8:30 they repeated that short film about making crafts in Colombia, then there was 10 minutes of coming attractions and the show started about 8:50.  The movie was pretty good – good actors, interesting plot with lots of special effects.  We got out about 10:45 and now we have a much better idea of how to get to the taxi stand without getting lost.

Beatriz and I made plans for her to come over Wednesday night and she said she won’t be able to see me again until next Tuesday as she will be busy.

I went to bed at 11:15, got up once during the night and woke up again about 6:30.  My eyes still felt tired with some pressure behind them so I took 2 Excedrin Migraine before I started my workout.

I was at Exito about 15 minutes after they opened and there were about 6 people ahead of me in line to pay their bills.  It still only took about 10-15 minutes.  While I was there I bought a can of fruit cocktail for 7,440 ($3.92) and a can of peaches for 6,570 ($3.46) that she had requested for tonight.

Back at the apartment when I logged into Rosetta Stone it took me to Level 5 instead of continuing with Level 1.  When I logged out and back in again I had the same result so I sent an email to the company.

I made a lunch date with Jhon for Friday.  He got a flyer for a restaurant down the block from Exito that he wants to try.  Lunch is less than 7mil.

Lunch was the Fruit Salad Special at Almabar for 9,800 ($5.16).  I had coconut and vanilla ice cream with mora for a topping (and without cheese).

Franklin joined me at 1pm as promised.  We played 5 games, he won 3 and I won 2.  I haven’t had a chance to analyze them yet.  While we were playing Dario stopped by and I reminded him I would be coming to his apartment tomorrow.  Franklin wants to play again on Friday at 1pm and I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment