Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013



Angel’s bed is beside mine in the master bedroom.  At 11pm I put him in his bed and went to turn out the light and he was right at my heels.  I got in bed and fell asleep quickly.  I didn’t here anything from him all night.  I didn’t wake up until 6am when I made a trip to the bathroom and Angel was right behind me ready to play.  I went back to bed for another hour and he didn’t bother me at all.  When I finally got up at 7am he was right there next to me again ready to play.

I put on my warm-up suit, grabbed my keys and Angel followed me down the stairs.  Just as I opened the front door I realized I didn’t have anything to pick up his poop.  I headed right back to the apartment and grabbed a few small plastic bags.  On the way back downstairs I noticed he had peed on the stairs.  That was my mistake for forgetting the doggie bags.  We weren’t outside for 2 minutes when he peed again and pooped in 2 different places.  I used 2 of the 3 bags I brought with me.  Those little bags they put my milk in at the corner store are perfect for this.

BTW, I replaced yesterday’s video.  I think I interrupted the download process somehow.  This time I verified it works.

BTW, Last week I discovered a new website called www.365Chess.com that I used to plan my attack against Dario’s openings.

BTW, Piccolo’s is at Transversal 39B #74-39; Transversal 39B is also known as Avenida Nutibara.  I checked the map this morning and I see that there are so many diagonal streets and traffic circles that it is easy to get confused.  

11:30 I left the apartment for lunch with Angel in the pet carrier.  I stopped downstairs for a minute and Angel went #2 right away.  I picked it up with one of my little plastic bags to dispose of later.  I stopped at Jhon’s office and though he was with a student he was very welcoming.  His student was a pretty young lady – in her 30s maybe – named Isabel.  (I thought I had met her before but I didn’t get any hits on her name when I scanned my blog.  Jhon had probably just mentioned her name.)  He told me she: is a new student; has been absent (vacation?) for the last month; is studying Basic English; comes on Saturdays only.  He asked her to ask me any question and, with his help; she managed to ask me “where are you from?”, “when did you come to Medellin?”, “what neighborhood do you live in?” and “are you going to see the parade of flowers?” I asked her when the parade is and she said “next Saturday” but she didn’t know what time exactly “probably in the morning”.  After about 20 minutes or so we said our “chao”s and continued on our way.

The lady who sells cookies was on the bridge with 2 of her children.  I let them play with Angel while I bought a couple packages.  At Laureles Mall I had the Hamburger Combo #3 at Gordog’s for 10,500 then let Angel play in the pet area for a while.  One lady came up to see him and he warned her off by barking.  On one hand Angel is a “chick magnet” because he attracts them but on the other hand he repels them by barking.  A mother and her young daughter came up shortly after and he barked at them like he owned the place.  On the other hand if I pick him up and hand him to somebody, while he’s nervous and his heart races, otherwise he seems okay with it.
We left there and headed across the street where I picked up my laundry; the lady who works there also liked Angel a lot.  Then I remembered I forgot to pick up the Gente newspaper that had information about the Festival of Flowers.  I stopped at the information desk at Viva Mall and as I thought they had copies there.

Back on the overpass (bridge) the lady who sells cookies had 4 kids with her.  I took Angel out again and handed him to the other girl that wasn’t there before.  Back at Jhon’s office he was with another student – a 10 year old girl.  Apparently she lives on my street but, even though Jhon doesn’t usually work with someone that young, he knows the family and he’s only working on vocabulary with her.

Right now Angel’s sitting on my lap as I type this.  Whenever I sit down, even for a second, to change shoes, sit on the toilet, he begs to sit on my lap.

I dropped off 5 short sleeved shirts to be cleaned for 6mil ($3.16).  They should be ready for pickup at 10am on Monday.  When I got home I found one more shirt I should have included.

I just realized, now that I hear someone snoring next door, that I haven’t heard that “bonging” for a few days now.

Dinner was a waffle with the milk leftover from breakfast.

Atletico Nacional is playing against their nemesis Santa Fe at 7:30 tonight so I’ll probably watch the game at the corner store.  Angel isn’t going to be happy!  It should be standing room only.  I think someday I’ll buy a portable chair that I can bring to such games so I won’t have any problem getting a seat.

I believe yesterday marked the beginning of Medellin’s annual Festival of Flowers.  See the separate posting(s) regarding this event.  I know the English translation isn’t very good.  I think I may have figured out a relatively painless way to include all the necessary accent symbols that Spanish, and probably any Spanish to English translator, requires.  I’ll be working on that in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment