Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, August 28th, 2013



I went to bed at 10:15, woke up at 4am and found it difficult to get back to sleep, at 5am I got a cramp in my left calf that luckily I worked out in about 10 seconds, finally fell asleep about 5:45 and woke up at 7:30.

I decided to skip this morning’s workout.

Years ago I became a lifetime member of the USCF (United States Chess Federation) which includes their free monthly magazine, Chess Life.  I emailed them last night asking if they could deliver Chess Life to me here.  I got an answer from them this morning.  They just require my full name, date of birth, new address, and previous address.  Sweet!  I replied to them with the requested information and they said they would start with sending me the September issue.  I wonder how long that will take to get here?

One RS lesson took at least 30 minutes to complete.  They were all new words, even for some things I already now.  I know sunglasses as gafas but they want anteojos de sol and I know umbrella as sombrilla but they want paraguas.

Lunch was the large portion of shish kebab and a mango juice at SanJote for 12mil.

The cute girl from Frisby was at a table with a young man that is probably her boyfriend.  He had a bible in front of him and she appeared to be taking notes. 
A little while later she motioned for her boyfriend to come play me.  I won pretty easily.  His name is Leonardo.  Just as we were finishing, another man named Augusto asked to play.  I won 3 games against him but he was a little bit more of a challenge.  He wants to play again tomorrow so we agreed on 10am.  After that I’ll have something quick to eat and then head to Dario’s.

I met Jhon at his office and we spent about an hour at the corner store.  When I told Jhon about the cramp I got in my calf he told me I need to walk at least 2km a day.  I checked and that’s about 1.2 miles.  I told Jhon about the book and he said he might be able to go downtown with me next week to try to find my book.

Dinner was just a bowl of granola with a couple of strawberries.

Beatriz should be coming over tonight to give me a manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment