Saturday, June 13, 2015

Friday, June 12th, 2015



I slept well, getting up once at 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 8:10.

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see Jurassic World (7.9).  Locally, it is playing at El Tesoro, Los Molinos, Oviedo, and Vizcaya.  Maybe next week.

We left the finca at 9:30 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  It is easy to see now they are reinforcing the hill below Wilson’s property.  This is similar to what I’ve seen on other hills on the way to Medellin.  I believe I posted a picture of it last week; the end result looks like the end of a nut & bolt encased in cement coming out of the hill.  But there are many of them, about 20 wide by 4 high.

After waiting 10 minutes in the hot sun we took a Caldas bus but got off at the side road to Caldas.  After another 10 minute wait we caught a bus to Envigado.  The taxi let us off at Nueva eps.  Teresa had a quick conversation with the girl at the counter and then we headed up to the 2nd floor.  There she talked briefly with another girl and took a number (32); they were serving number 75 so we knew we had a long wait ahead of us.
We walked a block away where Teresa had a copy made of two papers for 200 pesos.  She gave them to a lady back at Nueva eps and then we walked to Carbón de Leña where we had breakfast for 18mil ($7.20).  

Back at Nueva eps she waited upstairs in the stuffy waiting room and I walked over to Citibank to withdraw a little cash.  It’s right across the road from the entrance to Exito (Calle 36 Sur #43-31).  On my way back I bought 2 bags of garbage bags from a man on the street for 2mil.

I checked in with Teresa again at Nueva eps and then I walked a couple blocks to the inexpensive pharmacy where I bought another box of Isoklon and inquired about something for stomach pain.  He asked me if it was “something I didn’t understand” or “something else and all I understood was ‘gastritis’”.  I thought I read about gastritis and that wasn’t what I had so I said “no gastritis” and he gave me 10 “500/10 mg” tablets of something called Estolas.  I understand I can only take one a day.  (Back at the finca I googled “Estolas” and found “Extremely Short Take Off and Landing on Any Surface” but I don’t think that’s what I’m looking for.  Lol.  I translated “estola” in Spanish to “stole” in English; I paid 9mil for them so again, no help.)

Back at Nueva eps Teresa called Natalia even though I told her I received an email that they received my June payment.  A few minutes later Teresa told me we have to come back on Tuesday.  Sigh!

I added 20mil to my cell phone and we walked over to Exito where we picked up a few things including 2 loaves of bread, a box of Fitness cereal, a bottle of water and packages of sliced cheese and ham.

The taxi took us to Envigado station where Teresa had a slice of fresh pineapple and I started drinking the bottle of water.  I love fresh pineapple but I don’t think it quenches my thirst as well as water.

Five minutes later we caught an express bus back to the finca.  We got the last seats in the back although I was sitting next to a large man who took up more than his seat.

Back at the side road we found that the “old” highway section had been rebuilt with a steamroller, so soon at least this section could have 2 lanes.
On our way up the side road we saw a german shepherd coming down.  I thought she belonged to the neighbor down the hill but she approached us in a very submissive manner.  I offered her a dog biscuit and she cuddled up to me but didn’t take it.  A minute later a young man caught up with us and Teresa talked to him.  I understand he’s from a finca up the hill but the dog isn’t his; she belongs to someone up the hill at another finca.  Finally, she took the dog biscuit when I offered it to her again.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca just after 1pm.

We started watching Flight (7.3) and then switched to Jersey Girl (6.2).  She started watching some programs on television and I finished watching Flight.

T-shirt of the day: Heroes are hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment