Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wednesday, June 24th, 2015



I slept well, waking up at 6am, getting up once at 7am, finally waking/getting up at 8:20am.

We left the finca at 10:15 and the killer dogs were waiting for us although they didn’t enter the path until we had passed.

As we were coming down the side hill we saw a TraTam bus go by but we caught an Amaga bus right away.  We got off in Envigado and took a taxi up the hill to Nueva eps.  It was 11:15 and we took number 13 and they were serving number 43 so we knew we would have a long wait.

We had lunch for 20,500 at Carbón de Leña.  We stopped and added 50mil to my cell phone.  Back at Nueva eps they were serving number 82.  Teresa stayed there with my Cedula and I visited 4 internet stores before I found one that would fax my letter to the US (4mil).  (From the west end of Parque Envigado go south one block past the old city hall and the internet café is on the righthand corner on the same side.)

Back at Nueva eps they were serving number 95.  I went to the cheap pharmacy Todo Drogas where I bought another month’s supply of Tamsulosin for 36,900.  Back at Nueva eps they were serving number 1.
Teresa asked me to buy a juice for us and since I had seen a Cosechas I bought a large one for 4,900.  When I got back to Nueva eps they were serving number 3.  I think it might be a good idea for me to wear my shorts, t-shirt and sandals whenever we visit this place.

At 2:05 it was finally out turn.  We were sent downstairs to a back waiting area where Teresa talked to a woman who was literally sorting sets of papers.  At one point she gave Teresa a stack and I believe she may have been looking for one with my name on it.

After more conversation and another trip up front I understood tomorrow we have to go to the Nueva eps near the liquor factory by the Aguacatala metro station.

We stopped at a store where Teresa bought some nail polish and then we picked up a few things from Exito for 57,630.

We stopped at Cosechas again and shared another juice.  We stopped at the tailors where Teresa gave her some material to make something.

We took a taxi to the highway where we soon were on a bus to the finca.  I had the last seat although there was a piece of paper claiming it for someone named Ruby Gallego.  Teresa sat in the cab area over the transmission.  After a few stops Ruby got on and I moved to the cab area and Teresa sat on the entry steps.

At the side road we see that they have a rough road plowed up to the top of the hill by the highway.  Teresa talked to a man working there for several minutes and then I understood they won’t be paving the side road as I believe they may be building a separate road up to the fincas.

The killer dogs were waiting for us but the rottweiler didn’t come out from behind the fence and the other dog doesn’t have the courage to come out onto the trail without him.

I finished Douglas Preston’s 382 page The Relic and downloaded his 420 page The Reliquary.

I started watching Leviathan (5.7) but the beginning was so slow I gave up so I watched Killing Them Softly (6.2) instead.

I took my prostate pills at 8:30, my sleeping pills at 11pm, set my alarm to 7am and went to bed at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment