Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tuesday, June 9th, 2015



I slept well despite getting up 3 times during the night.

Because it rained most of the night, the side road will be wet preventing Walter from getting his taxi up the hill so we have to wait until tomorrow to go to Caldas.  We can’t wait too long because the terriers finished the last of the dog food today.

Teresa called the ophthalmologist, Catalina Montoya, I went to last year and made an appointment for Tuesday, June 30th at 4pm.  Wow, I have to wait 3 weeks to see the doctor with what I think is just an eye infection.

At 11:30 it started raining and Teresa and Laura ran out and brought in all the laundry that had been drying on the clothesline out back.

At the end of my lunch, which I couldn’t finish, I had some stomach pains.  I had gas type pains for the next 2-3 hours without any medicine to relieve the pain.

It rained on and off the rest of the afternoon and night.

I found the TV series The Big C (as in cancer) on HBO (channel 1528) from 5-6pm.  I remember watching one or two seasons back in the states; it’s both very funny and a little sad.  I checked IMDB.com and there were 4 seasons made from 2010-2013 so I probably saw the first two or three seasons. 

We were going to go to Caldas early tomorrow to buy either a medium size bag of dry dog food or smaller bags that we could carry back on the bus to tide over the terriers for a few days.  But Teresa received a call that the boy (muchacho) is coming tomorrow morning to fix the roof so I’m not sure what’s going to happen.

I finished The Truth About the Shroud of Turin: Solving the Mystery (252 pages) by Wilcox.  This is another book that everyone – religious or nonreligious should read.

I tried to download Douglas Preston’s 382 page The Relic.  When I checked I received the following email from Barnes & Noble:

Dear Terry Andresen,

We apologize, but we are having difficulty processing your order because your credit card issuer won't approve this charge. We are eager to get this corrected as quickly as possible. Please contact us within the next 7 days so we can resolve this issue.

I took my prostate pill at 9:15, my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment