Friday, June 5, 2015

Thursday, June 4th, 2015



I slept well, finally waking up at 5am as Laura was leaving.  It took me a little while to get back to sleep, finally walking/getting up at 8:35.

We left the finca at 10:45am and only one killer dog (not the rottweiler) complained of our presence.  At the bottom of the sideroad the old highway was torn apart and they are using the new road.  The fact that the highway was in pieces means that Walter wouldn’t be able to get his taxi through if we went on a food run.

We quickly caught a direct bus to Medellin.  The 2nd span of the bridge is nearing the first and they’ve started another lane for the 2nd span.  In El Poblado we took a taxi to El Tesoro CC.

In Mac Center I got their price on a new iPhone 5S of 1,779,999 ($712).  I was thinking people might exchange their old 5S for the newer iPhone 6 but she told me they don’t do that there.

I withdrew some cash at Citibank.

Teresa had some clothes to exchange.  She didn’t find anything she liked in Zara.   She exchanged something in Touche.  

We had a nice lunch at J&C Delicias.  I had a crunchy chicken salad with mango juice and Teresa had a beef salad with mango juice for a total of 51,400 ($20.50).

Finally it was my turn for clothes.  At Arturo Calle we bought 2 short sleeved shirts for 47,749 ($19) & 43,017 ($17), 2 pairs of khaki pants for 60mil ($24) & 71,466 ($28.50), and a black/brown reversible belt for 45,431 ($18).  So I’m all set for the communion on Saturday.

There was a booth set up selling the new Samsung 6 phone for about 2 million pesos.  Again Teresa cautioned me not to get an expensive phone as it’s too dangerous to own.

We stopped in the food court and Teresa had a chicken pastry with Mandarin juice and I had a Dunkin Donut and strawberry juice.

In the last store before we left the mall, Teresa finally found a nice blouse she liked.

We took a taxi down to El Poblado station and very quickly we were on an Amaga bus back to the finca (although we had to sit over the transmission in the front of the bus).

At the side road they had all the rubble cleared away but it still appeared there is a small dropoff between the old and new roads.  It will probably all look different tomorrow anyway.

The killer dogs heard us coming and gave us a hard time.  I forgot to bring my pepper spray but, finally, Guillermo came out and yelled at his dogs.

I took my prostate medicine at 10pm, my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment