Friday, June 19, 2015

Wednesday, June 17th, 2015



I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:15.

I happened to notice on the news this morning that the expected high temperature today for Bogota is 20C (60F) and Medellin 30C (86F).

Teresa called Natalia and found out I’m not in the system.  Sigh!  She told me we have to wait 8 more days.

The Today show reported that a man painted Welcome to Cleveland on the roof of his store which was on the landing approach to the airport.  But his store is in Minneapolis; he imagines everyone looking out their window and panicking that they are arriving at the wrong city.  Lol!

For some reason Teresa seemed to dress up a little more than usual and she wanted me to do the same.  I put a bandaid on the sore spot on my foot and put on my new shoes.  She didn’t want me to take my fanny pack so I took a bunch of stuff out of it: cedula, toilet paper, cash, cell phone and put it in my tech bag with my Nook.  She didn’t want me to take my tech bag either but I put my foot down and said “no”.

We left the finca at 12:25 and the rottweiler was a little late coming out onto the path.

We had a 10 minute wait for a bus to El Poblado.  We wanted to get off at Aguacatala but were a little late telling the driver.  We took a taxi to Oviedo.  I found a Servibanca ATM and as a test I took out the maximum, 780mil and, unlike Cedimed, I didn’t get all 20mil bills.  Now we’ll see if some type of extra charge shows up in my checking account.

We had lunch at Frisby for 44,400: soup, cole slaw, Frischuleta, a chicken breast plate, soda and a juice.

I finally got my haircut, at La Colette beauty salon (local 3188-3191) for 30mil.

We went up to CineColombia where I bought 2 tickets to the 3D showing of San Andreas for 14,500.  I think Teresa thought that referred to San Andres Island.  I bought a large popcorn for us to share and 2 large sodas for 19,400; I understand we saved money by getting a combo.  The movie was pretty good; at least they didn’t have any gimmicky special effects just for 3D.

As we left and walked through an open area they had plastic chairs set up in front of a large screen TV.  I think Colombia must be playing today in the South America Cup.

Teresa called Laura and asked here if we have water; not rain, water.  That didn’t sound good.

We took a taxi to Aguacatala and after a 10 minute wait we were on an express bus.  Once again our seats were saved as they had someone’s name on them with the name of the stop where they were going to get on – Itagui.  After that stop we had to sit on the front steps.

We got past the killer dogs undetected; they didn’t hear us until we were well past the neighbor’s house.

Even though I had to walk up and down the hill in my uncomfortable shoes it seems I must have hardened the spot where it was blistering before.

Back at the finca I saw that Colombia beat Brazil 1-0.  I see James Rodriguez was playing for Colombia; maybe just because Barcelona’s season is over or maybe they didn’t renew his contract.  I don’t really know.
I saw that the 2nd $5.99 charge from Barnes & Noble has disappeared from my checking account.

Teresa informed me that tomorrow the water will be turned off from 8am to 5 or 6pm so we need to be up early to take our showers.  I set alarms on my cell phone for 7am for her and 7:30am for me.

I took my prostate pill at 9:30, my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment