Sunday, June 14, 2015

Saturday, June 13th, 2015



I slept well except sometime in the middle of the night the terriers made a big commotion.  I envisioned them catching another dog and killing it, there was that much of a disturbance.

We finally woke/got up at 7:30.

When I was walking by the side of the house to put Peter in the shed, I saw what the terriers had killed – an opossum.  They look just as ugly here as in the States.

We left the finca at 8:15 and the killer dogs seemed to be waiting for us.  I held them off with a stick and a well thrown rock.  

Down the hill they are still working on the new highway.  We saw 4 buses for Medellin go by.  Finally we caught a Caldas bus going in the opposite direction.  We lost 15 minutes by starting in the opposite direction but at least we were out of the direct sun.  On the way to Caldas I saw the opposite opening to what I know now is a tunnel and the new bridge is directly in line with it.

In Caldas we stopped first at a Bancolombia ATM just outside Consumo grocery store.  As we were walking to Aymará we walked past a new grocery store named Merke Caldas.  For breakfast I had the strawberry waffle and Teresa had a meat pastry, an arepa and some type of finely shredded meat that I don’t care for.

We stopped at a hardware store where Teresa bought a Yale padlock.  We stopped at a nursery where Teresa bought some potting soil, a plant, a ceramic pot and a metal stand for 73mil.  

Teresa called Walter but he was in Sabaneta.  He finally arrived about 30 minutes later.  At the side road, the new road was built up about 4 feet higher than the one we were on and the side looked very loose.  He turned around and drove about ½ mile back where he was finally able to drive onto the new road.  He made it up the side road, only having to back up and try again once.  

The killer dogs were waiting for us but all they could do is chase down the car.

We were back at the finca by 1:30.  After helping carry the dog food and other things, Walter put a plastic bag on his arm, grabbed the opossum and threw it deep in the valley behind the finca.

We watched 28 Days Later (7.6).

While Teresa watched some TV programs I started watching One Chance (6.7).

I took my prostate medicine at 9pm, my sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 10:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment