Monday, June 8, 2015

Friday, June 5th, 2015



I slept well, getting up once at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8:10am.

I checked this week’s movie releases but there isn’t anything new I want to see.

Locally, I would like to see:

  •     Mad Max: Fury Road (9.0) but it isn’t playing at any convenient times.
  •     San Andreas (6.6)which is only playing at Oviedo, in 3D, at one convenient time.
  •     Tomorrowland (7.3) which is playing at El Tesoro.


I received an email from MBE that the Hot Shapers and 2 other documents are waiting for pickup in El Poblado.

While I was putting Peter in the shed I felt a couple raindrops and it was very overcast so I insisted on bringing the large umbrella even though Teresa said I didn’t need it.  (I didn’t; it cleared up later.)

We left the finca at 12:10pm.  It appeared the killer dogs were waiting for us until I saw Don Carlos with his dog by Guillermo’s house.  We walked with them up the hill and the killer dogs didn’t dare come closer.

An area to the road had been cleared, probably because there are a lot of fincas on top of the hill.  I believe we’ll go for groceries Sunday or Monday.
We didn’t have to wait for a bus to El Poblado.  The taxi driver who took us to Habitacion CC recited all the English he knew and I understood he was pretty funny.

We got to the mall in just enough time that we were able to have lunch at Frisby for 31,700.  I had some of her Frischuleta along with a Friburrito for me.

Teresa was in the beauty shop for 3 hours having her hair colored and her nails done.  She also picked up a couple hair products.  We walked over to Zona Dos to the Carulla grocery store.  It reminded me a little of a Whole Foods store.  

Teresa was a little hungry so we shared a turkey sandwich with a drink for each of us for 17mil.  We picked up a few things we needed right away which Teresa paid for with her monthly food budget.

We took a taxi to El Poblado and quickly were on a bus back to the finca.
I used to know exactly when the sideroad to the finca was coming up, even in the dark.  I used to count: “greek” restaurant, right turn, double left turn, right turn, double left turn, right turn, left turn and there’s the road to the finca.  With the straightening of the highway the last  turns have been straightened making it harder for me to know when the sideroad is coming up.  Luckily I don’t have to figure it out alone.

The killer dogs heard us coming, which was a little dangerous seeing as we’re carrying bags and we’re walking in the dark.  Luckily Guillermo came out and yelled at them and they backed off some.

Back at the finca Teresa finally realized I was supposed to be getting a haircut while she was having her hair done so I understand we will take care of that tomorrow before communion. 

I finished the 405 page The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.  I highly recommend this book for everyone – religous and non religious.  I downloaded The Truth About the Shroud of Turin: Solving the Mystery (252 pages) by Wilcox.

I took my prostate medicine at 10pm, my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.  That timing seems to be working pretty well towards my getting a good night’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment