Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Monday, June 15th, 2015



I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 9:30.
Today is another holiday here in Colombia.

I forgot to mention, last Friday when we were at Nueva eps, I was sitting in the front row upstairs while Teresa was talking to the young lady behind the counter.  (Btw, what do you call someone who greets people and books appointments?  Receptionist?)  An elderly lady behind me asked me in English where I’m from.  We only talked for a couple minutes but I learned for 5 years she lived in Los Angeles with her husband.  When Teresa came back she sat next to her in the row behind me and they talked for some time.
This morning the lady called and talked to Teresa for a while.  I learned her name is Ruby, her phone number is 313 546 5043, she speaks a little English and she lives with her husband in Envigado.  He receives a pension from the US but he doesn’t speak English and doesn’t play chess.  They love to travel.  Their niece has a cottage in Guatape.  She invited us there and also a lovely town near Rionegro named Tutucan.  I checked Google Earth and the pictures that come up do look nice.  Teresa mentioned a place called Aprmales that I understand has hot springs.

On TV I found a chess movie Knights of the South Bronx (6.8) starring Ted Danson but unfortunately it was only in Spanish.

I balanced my USAA checking account against my monthly statement.  This month I purposely made 8 withdrawals from my USAA account using Citibank ATMs.  It appears I didn’t get the best currency exchange rate using Citibank.  USAA charged me an $8 ATM Service fee but I received a $15 ATM Surcharge Rebate.  It’s difficult to tell if using Citibank ATMs is an advantage or a disadvantage.  I guess the difference is so small it isn’t important enough to let it bother me.

Interesting!  When watching baseball games online I used to see “All times are in Eastern Daylight Savings Time”.  Now I see “All times are in Colombia Standard Time”.

We started watching Nightcrawler (7.9) but stopped at 7pm so Teresa could watch the news followed by other programs.

I managed to get the IP changer to work and then I watched The Cobbler (5.8) on Netflix.

I see the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup hockey championship tonight.  Good for them!

I took my prostate pill at 9pm, my sleeping pills at midnight and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment