Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015



I slept well until I got up to use the bathroom at 5:30am.  After that I just rested until finally getting up at 8:45am.

Ruby, the lady we met at Nueva eps the past Friday June 12th, called again and invited us to Tutucan for this Sunday.  Teresa said it isn’t expensive.

Teresa didn’t want me taking my fanny pack or tech bag so I removed my money, Cedula, a bandaid, and the directions to the doctor and put them in my shirt pocket.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take my cell phone.

The three of us left the finca at 2:10 and the killer dogs seemed to be waiting for us.  We kept them away with the help of a couple well thrown rocks.

At the highway we waited 10 minutes for a bus.  Laura took a bus to Caldas and Teresa and I took the minivan that was right behind it.  We ended up sitting in the front seat with another man and the driver.  One nice thing, it had air conditioning.  Teresa talked to the driver and then wrote down a telephone number; something about a driver to Jardin.

At El Poblado we took a taxi to MBE.  I picked up Teresa’s “hot belt”, my June Chess Life magazine and a couple pension deposit receipts.  I paid 11,400 which was probably for the “hot belt” but I was surprised they didn’t ask me to pay June’s MBE rental.  I was glad because I don’t have a lot of cash left for the month.

Right next door a new store opened up a week before named Natural Juices and Smoothies.  I tried a Honey Moments (apple, strawberry, pineapple, radish, and orange) and Teresa tried a Passion Fruit (apple, grape, strawberry, blackberry, beet, radish, and tomato (tree)) for 5,500 each ($2.20).  They were very tasty and because they were so cold they took a while to drink.  I   Another man who works there lived in Brooklyn and spoke good English.  While we were still there an elderly couple came in and ordered drinks.  They were from Oregon.

We took a taxi to Torre Medica in El Tesoro and went up to Dr. Jorge Rendon Franco’s new office (1238).  We were 20 minutes early but he was just finishing with a patient and I got in right away.  I told him one of my newer jokes – about the Martian couple - and then I told him about my tooth problem.  At first it was sensitive to hot and cold, then to pressure when eating and then after taking an Excedrin Migraine for two days all the discomfort went away.  He checked the tooth and since he could find no sensitivity at all so the nerve/tooth might be necrotic (dead).  He said it also looks like I might be grinding my teeth while sleeping and might need to wear an orthotic device at night.  I told him I was told the same thing when I was in the US.  He filed a little off my tooth and the one opposite it, told me to get my teeth cleaned (we planned to do it cheaper by a regular dentist in Envigado; his charge would be 130mil) and come back in a week.  I paid 80mil and we made an appointment for July 8th at 4pm.

We took a taxi to El Poblado station.  This time I asked the taxi driver which station is closer to El Tesoro mall, El Poblado or Aguacatala.  I understood that the drive to Aguacatala is more complicated.  We only waited 5 minutes for a bus but unfortunately it made a stop in Caldas.  We got off at the side road at 6:45, when it was already pretty dark.  The killer dogs seemed to hear us coming and gave us a real hard time getting past the neighbor’s house.  The stick I was carrying seemed to infuriate them even more.

Laura came back at 8:30.

I watched Life of Crime (5.8) on the US Netflix.

I took my prostate pill at 9:15, took my sleeping pills at 11:15pm and went to bed at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment