Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Monday, June 1st, 2015



I slept thru the night, probably because Teresa did too, getting up only at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

I thought we might be leaving at 9am for Envigado but Teresa told me it would be 11 or 11:30.

My pension deposits arrived on Saturday but I’m still waiting for Social Security which should be here no later than tomorrow.

We left the finca at 11:50 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  At the bottom of the hill there are now stairs built into the side of the hill.  Today, once again, there was a cement mixer with a nozzle to transport cement to the top of the hill.  However, I have no idea what they are doing up there.




We waited 10 minutes for a bus to Envigado followed by a taxi to Carbon de Lena where we had lunch for 22mil.






By this time it was 1:15 and I was concerned for Teresa’s 2pm appointment.  

We stopped at Bancolombia where I took out some cash and we noticed there was no line for the preferred customers so I quickly made my health insurance payment and the quarterly municipal tax payment.  Then we walked a couple blocks away to $efecty where we paid the Direct TV and Une bills for June.

We took a taxi to the spa where Teresa had her 5th massage while I read my Nook in the food court of the mall across the street.  I see now that the mall’s name is Visitacion but that doesn’t mean I’ll remember it.  Teresa told me she made a hair appointment for Friday at 2pm.  I think it’s for a hair coloring but I don’t know why she chose a spot so far away from Envigado.

We walked a couple blocks to Zona Dos where Teresa exchanged a blouse she had bought there at Michelle for a knitted cotton dress for an extra 78mil.  

We went upstairs and had lunch at The Market Delicatesen for 49,872.  I was going to order their Philly CheeseSteak sandwich but since Teresa ordered a Mexican salad, I ordered a chicken Cesar salad.  It was very tasty with the cheese and croutons.  Teresa told me she could make the same salad at home.  I had a tension headache behind my eyes but I felt better after taking a couple Excedrin.  They had a sign that said they have wi-fi, and the waitress gave me the key: 123market but even after trying that and 123Market, 123MARKET, 123TheMarket, I still wasn’t able to get a connection so I gave up.  Now that I think about it, maybe I needed to enter unodostresmarket.

We took a taxi to Envigado and on the way I again saw Chicago’s Deep Dish Pizza restaurant at Calle 20 Sur #27-55.  In Envigado we stopped at Todo Drogas where I stocked up on my medicine for the month.  I also wanted to buy another small box of bandaids but he pulled out a 100 count box.  I told him that’s too many and he counted out 20 of them for us for 2mil.

We took a taxi to the Exito nearest the highway where Teresa bought a credit card for Laura.  I understand this is connected with Laura’s school trip to Cartagena but I don’t understand the reason for the card.

We bought a jar of coffee and took a taxi to the highway.  After 10 minutes we were on a bus back to the finca.  

I was happy there was a full moon because I didn’t have my cell phone with me.  One of the killer dogs seemed to be waiting for us at the top of the hill.  I guess he was alone as he backed off pretty quickly.  As we approached the neighbor’s house the killer dogs came out.  Teresa threw a stone at them and that kept them away.

Despite the Excedrin I took earlier I was still not feeling well so I took my sleeping pills at 10pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Short days, long nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment