Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Monday, June 29th, 2015



I slept well, getting up once during the night and again at 8am.  I got up at 9am to watch the Today show.  At 10:50 I went back to bed until noon.

Teresa took me out to show me some plants next to the house.  Then she showed me a new wasp nest I hadn’t seen before.  I then showed her a wasp nest I had seen next to the roof.  I saw a wasp sitting on the gutter so I took a small broom and smacked it.  Teresa yelled “no” but I didn’t listen.  Not only did I not kill the wasp but about 3 others came out from the gutter and started swarming me.  I ran into the house but one of them got me on my left shoulder.  It started hurting a litle about 5-10 minutes later.  Teresa took a roll-on deodorant/antiperspirant and put it on what was starting to look like a small crater on my shoulder.  She told me I was lucky I had my shirt on because it didn’t get all of me.  She also said if 3 had stung me they would have taken me to the hospital.

Don Carlos came by and Teresa gave him 40mil, probably for trimming the garden.

I understood for something like 460,000 pesos, Don Carlos and his two sons are going to fix the path leading to the finca so Walter could drive his taxi all the way to the finca.

A few minutes later she told me she wants to call the muchacho (boy?) who built the finca and ask him how much it would cost to fix the path leading to the finca.

The muchacho’s name is Leonardo and he isn’t a boy anymore.  He arrived at 5:45 and he told Teresa that he could start around the 20th of July and do the job for 1,000,000 pesos ($400).  Teresa and I talked about it and because I don’t know how much I’m going to need to help my son get here, and because I don’t want the path all torn up while he’s here, we will wait a while before committing to that date.

I took my Pasiflora drops at 11:30 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment