Saturday, June 27, 2015

Thursday, June 25th, 2015



Wow!  I slept through the night waking and getting up at 7am.  I vaguely remember looking at my watch around 5:30am and the next second, it seemed, the 7am alarm went off.

I put on my shorts, t-shirt and sandals and we left the finca at 8:40am.  We got past the killer dogs undetected but at the top of the hill I realized that I forgot to bring my Nook.

We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus to Aguacatala.

We took a taxi and arrived at the Nueva eps at Calle 9C Sur #50FF-116 at 9:45.  (It’s actually just a block down the street from the Mobil station on Avenida 80.  We could walk it in a pinch.)  We took the elevator up to the 3rd floor and had to wait a few minutes to talk to the receptionist. I noticed that their hours are Monday thru Friday 7:30am to 5pm.  She gave us number B126 and they were serving B076.  There were 9 stations serving customers but there were more prefixes than just “B”.  I also noticed “A, D, T, BA, BB, BD, and BT”.  It reminded me of the social security office I used to visit occasionally.  It was air conditioned which was nice for the first half hour but then it started feeling chilly.

I noticed an advertisement for an app named Nueva eps movil that I’ll probably check out.

At 11am I told Teresa that (the speed at which the numbers were moving) we would probably be there another hour.  At 11:30 she said she was hungry so she went out to find a little something to eat.  Wouldn’t you know it, as soon as she left they started going through the ‘B’ numbers more rapidly and I got a little nervous.  She came back 15 minutes later and they called our number at 12:05.  Teresa talked to the lady and we had to wait about 5 more minutes for her to print off 3 Service Authorizations.  In the meantime I saw a small cup with paper clips on another desk and I asked her what they are called in Spanish.  She answered “clips”.  I snuck two of them because I don’t have any back at the finca.

We took a taxi to Los Molinos where Teresa had chicken breast with a salad and I had a chicken salad at Frisby for a total of 46,100.  As we were entering the food court a man gave us a flyer advertising a Colombian lunch at McDonald’s for 7,900 ($3.20): a chicken leg, frijoles, a salad, rice, French fries and a Coke.

We stopped at an ATM machine and I took out the last 200mil from my checking account.

We stopped at Exito and bought a set of about 30 eggs.

On the ride back to Aguacatala I noticed 3 motorcycles riding between cars much faster than usual.  A minute later an SUV came by honking his horn and trying to get between the cars in each lane.  I told Teresa maybe he’s trying to get his pregnant wife to the hospital.  The driver told me that 4 motorcycles robbed the SUV and he’s trying to catch them.
We quickly were on a bus back to the finca but the bus seemed like it couldn’t go over 20 miles per hour.

At the side road we saw that they have started paving the new road.  We got past the killer dogs before they came out.

In the App Store on my Ipad I entered “nueva eps” and it completed “móvil” but then it said “no results for nueva eps móvil”.  What is that about?

Teresa started making calls for appointments and had the usual problems of busy signals, no answers, and voice mails.  That’s why we need to add such large amounts like 50mil to my cell phone.

I watched a low budget film called Primer (7.0).

I took prostate pill at 8:30, my sleeping pills at 10pm and went to bed.

Calories: Tiny creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a little bit tighter every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment