Saturday, May 27, 2017

Friday, May 26, 2017

It’s another hazy, sunny morning.

I slept well last night only getting up once, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

On my way to the gym I saw they had poured an initial layer of asphalt on the new roadbed.  I did my 18 gym exercises in 2 hours and 10 minutes.  On my way back I noticed a hop scotch diagram chalked on a sidewalk.

After our showers we walked down to the garage restaurant Deli Hoy.  On Friday it’s typical Colombian food – aka Bandeja Paisa.  Teresa ordered it for me with chicken breast instead of beef and I also enjoyed the frijoles (beans), rice, fresh avocado slice and some of the plantain.  I don’t care so much for their carne molida (finely chopped dried beef) and chichirron (pork rind).

I received an email from MBE that I have a document waiting for pickup – probably my May issue of Chess Life magazine.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Drone (6.0).  Locally, I would like to see The Founder (7.2) playing at 1:30 pm in Vizcaya, and 3:30pm in Premium Plaza and El Tesoro.  Well, I had an interesting time trying to explain the movie to Teresa.  I used to have an apt walking distance from the first McDonald’s every built in the US – in Des Plaines, Illinois.  For a few years I walked past it every workday to and from the train station.  Now it’s a museum with antique cars parked in front.  They built a new working restaurant across the street that I would sometimes go to on Sundays for breakfast and read my newspaper.  Bottom line she didn’t seem that interested in seeing it so I guess I’ll be going alone.

I remembered I had taken a photo with my cell phone of a typical Colombian pizza yesterday.  I went back and added the photo to yesterday’s posting so if you’re one of the 11 people who have already read that article you might want to go back and take a look at it.

I started watching War Machine (6.4) starring Brad Pitt on Netflix.  Thankfully a little time into it I checked an imdb.com review and it informed me I’m wasting my time so I stopped.

I finished Michael Connelly’s Angels Flight: Harry Bosch series #6 and then downloaded Garry Kasparov’s Deep Thinking.

Laura showed me a trailer for a new movie Before I Fall coming out next Friday that I think she wants to see.

I started another Core Lesson on Rosetta Stone.


T-shirt of the day: Trying to understand some people is like trying to smell the color 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment