Monday, May 29, 2017

Sunday, May 28, 2017

I slept well only getting up once during the night but I was awakened at 7:15 and got up at 7:30.

It’s a clear sunny day.  The high today is supposed to be around 83.
We ordered Frischuletas from Frisby so, I understood, we wouldn’t have to bear the expense of eating in a restaurant later.
At 1:15 we walked down to Bocados Bar where we met MT, Vicky, Albero, Daniela, Laura, Juan, in other words pretty much everyone. 

We got in Juan’s car and he drove east outside of Envigado.  I asked him where we were going since I only understood Rionegro.  He said basically we’re just going for a Sunday drive.

We stopped at a restaurant called Alamanga which advertised carne (meat) and picnic.  There were 2 young men playing guitars and I recognized “red, red wine” as we were coming in.  Inside they had an area with astro turf and they spread out a large blanket and a single bale of hay.  The others ordered platters that contained French fries and strips of chicken.  There wasn’t a lot more food ordered than that and when the bill came Teresa was apparently upset.  Later she told me that they were charged 300,000 pesos for almost no food.  I guess we won’t be going back there again.
Toll booths right outside the restaurant entrance.

Outdoor picnic seating at Alamanga

Picnic table seating.

In front, Juan & Vicky's daughter Laura.

From the right: Teresa, Laura, Don't Know, and Mother Teresa aka MT.

Teresa and I

View from restaurant

Can't believe Laura let me take her picture - she's usually camera shy.


They then drove us to a more remote area.  I couldn’t believe it when Juan told us we’re still in Envigado.  (The drive back to the apt later took 30 minutes.)  Juan gave me a personal tour of the house he’s having built – 3 ½ bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, Jacuzzi, etc.   (The ½ bedroom I understand is like servant quarters.)  It’s supposed to be finished by mid August.  Next door is his older brother’s house that is further along and is supposed to be finished by July.  They were both pretty impressive.
Juan & Laura's future house.

Juan's brother's future house.


It was about 5:30 and the temperature was dropping and we started feeling cold because we’re up in the mountains now.

They dropped us off a block from our apt and we just had to walk up the hill.

My photos from my smart phone came out pretty well - I'll probably be posting more in the future so everyone can get a better idea of life in Colombia.

T-shirt of the day: If you could read my mind, I’m sure you’d be traumatized for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment